AHHH!! HELP!!

I have a co-sleeper!! this is my 3rd child and she's 1 week old. she sleeps perfectly fine all day long in her cradle but as soon as its bed time she wants in bed w me. i dont want to co sleep..i didnt do it w my other 2 and i really dont want to start w her.. if i want to get any sleep at all i give in and let her in bed. any tips on getting her to stay assleep in her cradle??

tnteaton

Asked by tnteaton at 4:20 PM on Apr. 29, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Put your shirt in her cradle. Maybe she wants to be near your scent. Rock her and then put her in the cradle. I wish I was more help.
    lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 4:22 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• Swaddling worked for us. We thought it wasn't working, that she hated it, etc, but after about 7 weeks of feeling uncomfortable co-sleeping not by choice, we tried again and it worked wonders. Try the miracle blanket (available on-line, just google it), it's amazing.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 4:22 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• at only a week old i wouldnt worry about it i would just let her sleep with you. you will know when she is ready to sleep in her own bed...juast try it every now and then. or wait until she falls asleep with you and then move heer into her bed... and swaddling was the only reason we ever got any sleep at all when our DD was little (welll...littler lol)
    mrsbvader

Answer by mrsbvader at 4:33 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• ya, ive tried the falling asleep thing...she wakes up as soon as i put her in there..she likes the swaddling, but i get the same result as waiting till she falls asleep..she wakes right back up again!! and as soon as i pick her up she'll pipe back down and be quiet
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 4:37 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• My son still co-sleeps some nights he wants to be in his crib some night he wants in bed with us! (sometimes I want him in bed with us LOL) anyways I agree but a shirt of yours in her bed, maybe a low heat heatin pad under her sheet and a blanket, and go from there, thats what we do. GL
    rebel07

Answer by rebel07 at 4:39 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• I used a shirt for my DD. I slept with one of her blankets for a week and switched to that. that blanket is now her favorite that she tries to take everywhere. I also put my kids bed right next to me when I went to sleep. if they started to fuss I could put my hand in to pat or rub their backs and that would calm them down. I also indulged both by napping with them for a little bit during the day, my son in particular. I set him in a bobby pillow so he wouldn't get used to the body contact from me.
    litlsuzzy

Answer by litlsuzzy at 5:23 PM on Apr. 29, 2009