my 8 months old is interested in everything

my 8 months old baby is very distractive, he is interested in everything around him.....sometimes i trie to catch his attention and i can not do it because he is looking around...i am a little worried because i know at this age mommy's face will be the most interested thing for babies but in my baby is not....is that normal? what can i do for catch his attention and get good eye contact from him? thank you

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:23 PM on Apr. 29, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• be more colorful than the things he's looking at?? they like colorful things! i wouldnt be too worried
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 4:30 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• My daughter is also into everything. That is how they learn. I don't think it's a bad thing. When you play just be very physical. My daughter loves super baby!
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 4:38 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• My daughter's the same way. Try having someone else hold her, I bet she'll look right at you! My husband and I pass her back and forth and laugh, because she will NEVER look at the person holding her. Be happy she's interested in the world around her... she knows your face and it gives her comfort... she just feels secure so she's exploring. Let her! :)
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 4:53 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• my son loves it when I lay on the couch. he pulls himself up and I am eye level with him. he smacks my face a lot but he gets such a kick out of it when I bat back at his hands. you can also lay on hte floor both my kids love to climb on me. just be very physical in general.
    litlsuzzy

Answer by litlsuzzy at 5:27 PM on Apr. 29, 2009