Diaper problems

My baby can't sleep through the night in one diaper and I really don't like waking him up. But he wakes up and his outfit is covered in pee. I even got up last night to change him in the night and he still was soaked. He did this today during his 3 hr nap. Is it the diaper or what? Ever since we used Target brand, he's been waking up in the morning or from a nap covered. This is becoming frustrating.

LaurenKaye29

Asked by LaurenKaye29 at 4:43 PM on Apr. 29, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I HATE store/generic diapers!!!! Try the next size bigger. Or I read in a parenting mag tape a pad across the inside front~ I don't know about that one though, I was never brave enough to try it.

nikk1331

Answer by nikk1331 at 4:45 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• I hate the Target brand. They leak for us no matter how long they are on. I do however like the walmart Parents Choice brand. We have NEVER had a leak with them.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 4:46 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• sometimes when that happens going up a size in diapers help.but my little boy just peed alot when he slept and i would go through the same thing i use to put the training pants over his diaper and that would keep his clothes from getting wet.
    kb24

Answer by kb24 at 4:47 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• unfortunately you have to buy the pricey stuff. I had the same problem I bought the store brand ones to save money but spent more becuase my son went through more. but huggies never cracked a leak and my boy was dry every moring- diaper weight 30 lbs lol but not a drop on him or the sheets
    Kayge

Answer by Kayge at 4:49 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• What's the question here? Sounds like you already know the cause of this problem- switch diapers!! Try a different generic brand if you're trying to save money.
    kynziesmom

Answer by kynziesmom at 5:05 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• Try getting a diaper cover that is intended for cloth diapers. Or a cloth/disposable insert.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 5:21 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• I've never had a problem with target or parents choice diapers but you can try going up a size or doubling diapers. my friend swears buy doubling up huggies nighttime diapers.
    litlsuzzy

Answer by litlsuzzy at 5:32 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• We use cloth diapers and love them. The type we use overnight is called a pocket diaper. They have terry cloth inserts that go in the "pocket" of the diaper and we use 2 inserts overnight for extra absorbancy.  We don't have night time leaking issues.  The ones we used are called Fuzzi Bunz if you're interested.

PhilsBabyMama

Answer by PhilsBabyMama at 5:44 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• use huggies nighttime diapers or try the maxi pad thing along the top (it works i've tried it)
    Anonymous

• I think target is the worst brand out there i dont mind the costco brand but my MIL uses target on my son when he visits and he is always soaked, I use huggies naturals I have always had nothing but good outcomes with huggies and costco kirkland brand
    djanowski775

Answer by djanowski775 at 8:18 PM on Apr. 29, 2009