Is it better to TTC if you're married? What if I have a boyfriend and we're not married?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:46 PM on Apr. 29, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• If you are seeking approval to have a child and not be married I'm not sure this is the place to be.
    Better question is what do you think? Are you both stable enough to support a child? I have a whole list of questions to go with this.....it's up to you. IF it were me I wouldn't bet on a boyfriend.
    DH and I discussed having children before we got married and are now trying for a baby now that we are married...it's a more stable environment for us.
    lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 4:50 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• chances are the same of getting pregnant whether or not you are married. Chances of the relationship being built on a sound foundation without a committed relationship (forsaking all others, etc) are not as great if you have children before the committment. (jmho)

Answer by admckenzie at 4:52 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• I think that it's totally up to you. There are plenty of people who are unmarried and have longer lasting and more secure relationships than those who are married. Marriage is only a man-made institution, after all. You should be asking yourself if you and your man are financially and emotionally secure, with or without the societal titles.
    HeatherLynn89

Answer by HeatherLynn89 at 6:53 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• I agree with HEATHER its nothing but a piece of paper. Its whats in the heart that matter
    Anonymous

• I know that accidents happen when people are dating but I would never try to get pregnant and not be married. I guess I am a little old fashioned (I am 31). Things like this were not heard of 40 years ago and look at how much the world has changed! It use to be a better place. And not only for this reason but this is one of them!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:56 AM on May. 2, 2009