For or against piercing a babys ears?

Are you for or against piercing a babys ears after her first set of shots? I was totally for it I got my dd's pierced on my 20 th b-day it was one of my presents. And she was such a trooper just cried for a second then went to sleep

aubrees_mommie

Asked by aubrees_mommie at 4:54 PM on Apr. 29, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I got my daughters ear pierced when she was 8 months and I got my second holes done that day too, so we got them done together. We have it on video too. It didn't even hurt.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 4:55 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• Against. My girls aren't getting pierced until they can ask for them and can take care of them themselves.
    NicMorgan

Answer by NicMorgan at 4:56 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• I'm against it until they ask for it themselves. However, I think it would be easier to do it when they're younger and won't pull on them. lol
    vicki136

Answer by vicki136 at 4:56 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• I had my daughter's ears pierced when she was four months old. Now in highsight I wish I would have waited until she was nine months old. She hasn't had any problems, but I wish I would have waited.
    2-1CavWife

Answer by 2-1CavWife at 4:57 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• Go for it :)
    kylesboo

Answer by kylesboo at 4:57 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• Whatever...my experience was my daughter's got infected twice, she now has to wait till she's older.
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 4:58 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• against, there is no reason for it. I want to wait until my dd can pick out her own earrings and be excited about getting it done.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 5:00 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• Against it, i've seen to many toddlers with earrings stuck in their ears at the hospital....

- www.RamblingsOFaSAHM.com

Vanessannd

Answer by Vanessannd at 5:05 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• For it. I took my daughter to get her ears pierced when she was 2 months old. I don't see the problem.
    cynprz

Answer by cynprz at 5:23 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• I'm against it. I'm going to wait until she's 8 years old and we'll make a day of it. Kind of like a mommy-daughter day! We'll go shopping, get her ears pierced, get lunch. It'll be fun! And I want to teach her that if she wants something, she has to take care of it.

I believe that when moms get their baby's ears pierced, they just do it so that people don't think she's a boy! And that's just rude! Yeah, they only cry for a minute, but that whole minute of their life was wasted because they were crying for something stupid.
    amberlynsky

Answer by amberlynsky at 5:46 PM on Apr. 29, 2009