Is it to soon to have another baby if my daughter isnt potty trained yet?

My daughter is almost two and Im working on potty training her now. My husband is in the military now and will be shipping out in August. Everyone tells me that it would be better to wait until my daughter is potty trained and others tell me to try again now and that i can trian her while im pregnant.

AShlynnshotmom

Asked by AShlynnshotmom at 5:06 PM on Apr. 29, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• You should do what you and your husband want to do....not what others tell you to. I am sure it would be much cheaper to already have her trained by the time Baby #2 comes, but other than that it really is up to you.
    Glowing4Caleb

Answer by Glowing4Caleb at 5:09 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• You can train her any time whether you are pregnant or not, it just depends on how you feel about possibly having 2 in diapers. I have a 2 1/2 year old and a 13 month old and we are just starting to get serious about potty training the 2 year old. We are planning on getting pregnant again this Summer too so even when he's all set I'll probably still have my youngest now in diapers when the next one comes along, who knows. Having 2 in diapers isn't really that bad, just a little more work.
    whittear

Answer by whittear at 5:11 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• Goodness, no. Potty training doesn't necessarily make things easier, anyway :) But my daughter trained pretty much without drama at 19 months, 3 months after her little sister was born. I'm sure you could do it while you're pregnant, too.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 5:12 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• HAHAHAHAHAHA!! I had four kids before the 1st was potty trained... Not that I am great at planning anything. LOL.. Do what you want. Wait, Don't Wait. Of course it took my first 2 weeks to potty train. I still have three in diapers, no big..
    vsrillo

Answer by vsrillo at 5:46 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• Do what you and your hubby feel is right for your family. I was potty training my daughter while I was pregnant.
    Anonymous

• its not to soon as long as you feel ready and are able to take care of both my boyfriends sister just had her third child and her first one is potty trained but her second one isnt
    hug4akiss

Answer by hug4akiss at 6:05 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• potty training should have very little bearing on when to get pregnant again. My son was in the process of potty training when I got pregnant and he was trained by the time she was born. I know plenty of people who have 2 kids in diapers though too.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 8:39 PM on Apr. 29, 2009