what can i do for a sunburn on my 19 month old?

its not bad, and no blisters. just a little bit red, is there anything other than lotion that i can put o nher?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:07 PM on Apr. 29, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• aloe vera gel, and most stores start to sell the plant in the next month or so, i have one and you just break off a piece of it and use the gel from the plant and it grows it back. i like that better for me b/c i think it works faster so thats what i use for my daughter if she gets a slight burn
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 5:09 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• aloe vera works really well!
    woobie102

Answer by woobie102 at 5:09 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• if you can find it...solarcaine......aloe like previous moms said....n a small bath of baking soda.....baby powder works wonders after bath...i know from personal experience if that lotion has no aloe or shea butter or its not thick cocoa butter...will irritate the burn n possible make it blister....hopefully one of these will help
    mstropics

Answer by mstropics at 5:40 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• umm aloe..you really dont even need to buy the gel my mom used to take leave off an aloe plant and rub the juice on my burns...its free and effective
    hug4akiss

Answer by hug4akiss at 6:04 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• Pure aloe jelly is best, either from a plant or a tube

Answer by rkoloms at 7:38 PM on Apr. 29, 2009