Work-from-home anyone??

Hello to all moms! I have a beautiful 6 month old son. I am wondering if anyone has had success doing work-from-home things online? Before I had him I was an office manager so Im very good with computers, typing, etc.. anything admin/clerical.. I do not have a babysitter and Im not sending him to a daycare because of my own reasons. Please share your experiences with me!

LoveMyLilCam

Asked by LoveMyLilCam at 5:09 PM on Apr. 29, 2009 in Money & Work

• I've trie many things over the years from Creative Memories to Avon. I've been the happiest now that my fiance and I own a carpet cleaning business which is really taking off now. And we are Marketing Consultants with Ambit Energy! www.WNY.AmbitEnergy.biz
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 5:33 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• I am not really sure what you are looking to get into, whether it be a business or job. If you want to start your own business, be prepared and do yoiur homework so yoiu can choose which would work best for you. I have 2 businesses right now which I LOVE!! If you would like more info just send me a PM. I also have a list of sites that you can apply to for work at home positions, all which are legit. Please just keep in mind that most are telecomunications from home and will still require you to have a quiet work area and some will require a fee for background checks and stuff! Feel free to PM me with any questions and i will be more than happy to give you some info
    markayda3

Answer by markayda3 at 5:49 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• I work from home with Ameriplan and it's better than great! I work about 2-4 hours a day from my computer, an hour a day from the phone, and then do my training while I'm cleaning or playing with the kids. Every trip to the store or walk with the kids is a chance to grow my business... But when you love what you do it's not really work is it?
    We provide Low Cost Dental and Medical Benefits for the 70% of American's that are currently going without. We've been featured on The American Medical Review and The American Business Review, we are a Memeber of Dunn & Bradstreet, the National Chamber of Commerse and much more. We've even been featured in Parents Magazine. IF you would like to see the shows or read any of the articles please feel free to ask.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 6:42 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• With Ameriplan we offer you Daily and Monthly Pay! 401K, AD&D insurance, Benefits for everyone in your house, unlimited training and support and SO MUCH MORE. Most of our team is made up of moms just like you, and we hold an average of just 2-4 years for a 6 figure income. What could you do with an extra full time income? And because of the way we get paid, even once you retire, your income will grow - better yet, your kids inherit your business and the income with it, should something ever befall you...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 6:43 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• Does all this sound good? It did for me!
    I am a Regional Sales Director on the Freedom At Home Team and I'm a member of their Leadership Program. I welcome all questions and or comments.
    Visit www.DailyChecksAtHome.com and listen to the Audio there.
    Then Visit www.Request-Interview.info and fill in the information.
    I will contact you shortly afterwards and we can chat, I'll answer all your questions and we can get you started on your path to finacial FREEDOM AT HOME!

Feel free to PM me with questions!
    Talk to you soon!
    Sabrina M Bowen, RSD

• I use sites such as cashle and cashcrate to get extra income. Not looking to make a living but an extra 100-200 a month is nice.  Both of these sites are free to join and never ask for money!!!!

ladyluck09

Answer by ladyluck09 at 7:49 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• What are your passions? First identify those. Are you passionate about all natural/organic products that are safe for you and the environment? If you are, then send me a PM and I will give you information about the company I work with.

I hope you find a job/company that meets your needs and your family's needs.
    Blessings,
    Megan
    MeganKay1977

Answer by MeganKay1977 at 8:06 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• Hey there,

Check out the blog http://workingathomecommunity.blogspot.com/ for some good ideas and reviews on different things.  Hope this helps you out.

Thanks,

Chris

Howtoaholic

Answer by Howtoaholic at 8:27 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• It sounds like you would be a great candidate to be a virtual assistant. http://www.avirtualstaff.com/ is based in Illinois, but they have VAs around the world. The owner it Tracey Wallace; he may remember me. Great company to work with.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:28 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• I have a work at home series of articles in my Journal here at Cafemom.  You can check them out and hopefully find something at:

http://www.cafemom.com/journals/read/1396278/Work_at_Home_Article_Series_on_eHow

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 9:23 PM on Apr. 29, 2009