Would you/did you choose to vaccinate your child?

On last night's episode of Law & Order: SVU, a 10 month old little girl died from measles because she was too young to have the vaccine for it. She was infected by a 4-year old little boy who's mom chose not to vaccinate her son because of the health risks. It was her choice, but her choice ultimately killed that little girl. Would you/did you choose to vaccinate your child?

amberlynsky

Asked by amberlynsky at 5:30 PM on Apr. 29, 2009 in Kids' Health

• yes. both of mine have had their vaccinations. i never really thought about not giving them to my girls.

JackalsWife

Answer by JackalsWife at 5:31 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• Um yeah. My kids are fully vaccinated.
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 5:32 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• I have read this happens the other way around. Those who are non-vaxed are often infected by those that have recently had the vaccine.

I'm neither for nor against vaxing...I think it's a personal choice and no one should be hated on for their decision. I just wish more people would do research instead of relying on hear-say.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 5:32 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• I did, but, I didn't know I had a choice and never really researched on why to do it or not do it. If I were to have another child, I would definately research.

I still think the unveccing mom was innocent. And the other mom shouuld have taken her child to the doctor.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 5:33 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• My kids are fully vaxed, my youngest has had the chicken pox vax too. After seeing my older two through them, I did not want my youngest to have to suffer with them. I know the risks, but for my kids we've decided the benefits outweigh the risks.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 5:34 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• We chose to vaccinate because the risks not to out way the risks of doing it. We've just chosen to space them out more than normal. I realize many people who have children with autism blame immunizations, but in my opinion, there just isn't enough proof to support that. I know many parents who have opted not to vaccinate at all, and their child has autism. Again... it's a personal choice that parents must make according to their own conscience.

Anonymous

• I never thought twice about it...everyone I know including myself are vaccinated and are totally fine, in fact I don't know anyone that died from it or has autism or whatnot. It's a personal choice, and I chose to vaccinate them.
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 5:37 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• Anon...I have searched the internet looking for cases of autism in non-vaxed kids...and you know "many"? Or is this just hear-say?
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 5:39 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• Yes I choose to vacinate my son, the diseases they prevent are way worth the risk of the vacination
    Ad3n_M0mmy01

Answer by Ad3n_M0mmy01 at 5:46 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• Heck ya I plan to vaccinate!!! And I thought Autism was something you were born with not something you could get from not being vaccinated...
    hug4akiss

Answer by hug4akiss at 5:51 PM on Apr. 29, 2009