Who else thinks that 5 shots at a time is crazy???

I took my boys to get some shots today (my oldest is 5 years and my youngest is 8 months) they gave them both 5 shots!!! I just think that is overwhelming, and unecessary...What do you think

MaMa2_DJ_IJ

Asked by MaMa2_DJ_IJ at 5:39 PM on Apr. 29, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i think 1 is unnecessary
    Anonymous

• Yeah, that seems like too much to me. We've made the decision not to vaccinate.

PhilsBabyMama

Answer by PhilsBabyMama at 5:42 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• When I decide to vaccinate my kids again, I will wait until 3 yrs and only do 2 at a time. The schedule they have for babies is crazy!
    vsrillo

Answer by vsrillo at 5:42 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• 5 is way too many at once....

My kids never had that many at 5 years old. I think they had 1.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 5:45 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• I think its crazy too!!
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 5:56 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• I'd rather 5 at once than taking them in 5 different times for one shot each time and dealing with them each time. It's bad enough that my oldest starts crying now because he thinks he's going to get a shot at each appointment. I hate that he's scared to go to the doctor.
    Anonymous

• I do think that is an awful lot. You can deny them, and have them administered on a schedule that YOU are more comfortable with (not sure if you knew that)
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 6:04 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• My son is 2 weeks and 1 day old, he got his pku done on monday and I wanted 2 cry for him, now I know by june he will be going to get his 2 month shots which I think is like 3 or more shots at one time and I know I'm gonna cry at that appointment I don't want 2 see my baby boy cry... yes I think that so many shots at one time is a bit much for a small child....
    dbarkley101306

Answer by dbarkley101306 at 6:26 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• I think it is crazy. We are doing a delayed schedule. The amount of toxins put in our babies all at once is crazy.
    Natsnumberthree

Answer by Natsnumberthree at 6:34 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• I wonder why you did not speak up at the time? We choose to vax, on a delayed schedule. First shot at one year; one vaccine per visit, single dose preservative free vaccines, read the insert before allowing the shot to be given.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:16 PM on Apr. 29, 2009