how do you keep yourself calm after dealing with a whiny clingy toddler a few days in a row..

my dd has been sick the past couple of days and literally on me like glue to the point I can't even go to the bathroom on my own without her having a fit.. my patience is worn thin at this point? how do you recharge/regroup/refresh or keep from even losing it during a rough spell with yoru little one?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:42 PM on Apr. 29, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I personally have a couple beers and laugh it off.
    Anonymous

• I have very long potty breaks... unlike almost everyone I've come across the bathroom is a "told you follow me!" space. So I'll do my make up or my hair or paint a few tow nails at a time. One day I only did my big toe on both feet, got excited I painted my toes them put on flip flops and was so disappointed when my husband pointed it out to me.
    Crystal1124

Answer by Crystal1124 at 5:51 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• It's hard when kids are sick because all that will really make them feel better is you. When my kids are sick I like to cuddle up with them, rock them or play with them in the tub. It's hard to let all that housework just sit there, but I do it when they are sleeping or my hubby comes home from work and of course its always there when they feel better! As far as the crying when you need to do something, bring her with you to the bathroom, laundry room, kitchen etc. and try to include her in the chore (loading laundry, dishwasher...the bathroom might be a little hard LOL).
    Anonymous

• O what's ever better than beer, a margarita for me and an early bed time for the little one. If I'm lucky I might be able to talk my husband into a back rub.
    Crystal1124

Answer by Crystal1124 at 5:52 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• When my daughter is whiny and clingy I turn on the tv or get out a book and I sit with her on my lap as long as she wants. Then when she gets up on her own, I take a potty break.
    kemclaughlin

Answer by kemclaughlin at 5:57 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• jack daniels,&lots of prayer,seriously I pop in a scooby doo dvd an dput in on repeat.
    hypersquirrel

Answer by hypersquirrel at 6:01 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• I sit with my daughter on my lap, watch Elmo, and drink a large glass of wine in a big plastic cup. We understand. They all do it....it sucks...it passes eventually. Good luck!
    divakristi

Answer by divakristi at 6:34 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• Yes. A beer is in order.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 7:56 PM on Apr. 29, 2009