• In the Spotlight:

Is it worth it? (sp)

I am 32 weeks prgenant, i hate hate my job, my boss is an ass who gives me no credit, scedules me at every opportunity for an inconvineint shift, etc. i so badly want to just tell him to take this job and shove it but the thing is i was trying to stay on for the extra money and maternity benefits , my mom got me the job and keeps tellig me its not a good idea to quit that i should get my benefits etc and she got me the job and honestly i dont want to make her look bad...in your opnion would the stress of it all and the inconvinence of having to find a sitter for nights etc be worth it to u to live more comfortably for eight weeks rhen get 100 a week for 12 weeks postpartum...any advice

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:50 PM on Apr. 29, 2009 in Pregnancy

• If you only have eight weeks to go, I would stick it out.
    kemclaughlin

Answer by kemclaughlin at 5:55 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• You'd only get $100 a week?

If you're comfortable in your situation and don't NEE the money that bad, then stay home and enjoy the end of your pregnancy and spend time with the little one you already have.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 5:55 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• By the way--at least give your 2 weeks notice respectfully.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 5:56 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• if u quit now u'll loose ur health benifits.. i woud stick it out then stick it to him after ur supposed to come back... find a job while ur out ..
    1sttymmom409

Answer by 1sttymmom409 at 6:06 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• say your doctor said to quit and give your notice. That worked for me

Answer by admckenzie at 6:19 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• I wont loose any health benefits just pay and maternity leave short term disability
    Anonymous

• I think you should stay until you deliver your baby, take your benefits and NEVER come back again!! At least that is my plano on my actual job!!! lol
    blessingAH

Answer by blessingAH at 6:29 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• if your husband can support you and your family without your income then quit. if not, stick it through so you can get maternity leave/benefits. and then, just don't go back to that job after your 6 weeks is up. then tell your boss what you think.
    Anonymous

• UPDATE*** Thank all you ladies and just so you know I called thursand got my schedule and it was 4 night shifts and all day till 6 pm on sat needless to say I quit, then I saw my boss on friday out and he begged me to come over and talk to him .. he promised a better shift sats and fewer hours in general so i came back..he's be kissing my ass all day and i got the best schedule this week LMAO I hope that call to his boss and the word discrimination didnt have anything to do with it He he
    Anonymous