Is everyone else's gag reflex really sensitive?

I'm 10 weeks pregnant and had a few rough weeks where I couldn't eat much from all the nausea and dizziness I was experiencing. I couldn't take my prenatals b/c of that as well. I had a doctors appoinment on MOn and mentioned I wasn't taking them until I was closer to my 12 weeks or until my symptoms had subsided. Well my thing is I can't even swallow them. I gag and it come back out, to make it worse it's two pills a DHA supplement and the prenatal. I cut it in half and was able to take the one half. Is anyone else having this problem, I'm worried b/c I know I need to take it and Haven't for the last three weeks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:02 PM on Apr. 29, 2009 in Pregnancy

• mine is terribly sensitive. I have to take meds with food so they will slide down

Answer by admckenzie at 6:17 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• I think you should ask your Doctor for a chewable option...I cant swallow the pills too, so what I do is that I crush them every morning between two spoons and then add some water to the pill powder....and without thinking too much I take the spoon in my mouth and a big glass of cranberry juice and DONE!!! Yes....sometimes I feel like I cant swallow it, but I try hard to keep it inside!!! Good luck to you....
    blessingAH

Answer by blessingAH at 6:18 PM on Apr. 29, 2009