Anyone know anything about cats?

Almost every year since I have had my cat she will have a pus-blood episode where she will squot (sp I know) and not pee, but this will come out. Little dime like spots. Well about a year and a half ago she was doing this a lot and all over this rug that I had. Well I took her to the vet and they did a lot of tests ($300 plus ) on her and still couldn't find what was causing this. She is fixed just to let you know and is an indoor cat. Well I read on the internet that they can have a wool allergy so I took the rug away and it stopped. Well her it is a year and a half almost two years later and I just caught her doing it on a shirt in the living room and then on her mat by the litter box. Any ideas on what it could be from. I don't have any wool around and nothing has changed. Please any suggestions. She has been very active for the past few months and her hair is looking better than ever.

jenniferlee_12

Asked by jenniferlee_12 at 6:07 PM on Apr. 29, 2009 in Pets

• They didn't think it was an infection? Maybe it's crystals?
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 6:08 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• Yeah, she might have bladder crystals but when you took the wool away, it got better? Maybe there is something that's not wool that she has developed an allergy too?? I have 2 cats but have not heard of this....Maybe just try removing different things and see if it goes away...and make sure she has plenty of water to drink
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 9:05 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• U.T.I., kidney stones, or bladder stones. I can almost guarantee you it's one of the 3 from past experience with my dog and cats. If it's bladder stones she may have one stuck in her urethra and the pee can't get past it. This requires surgery ASAP or her bladder will LITTERALY explode inside her and kill her. Good luck and I hope she feels better really soon :-)

babymomma0306

Answer by babymomma0306 at 3:50 AM on Apr. 30, 2009

• Thanks for your answers, but she was checked for all the things that you have mentioned. Also I haven't seen anymore spots (maybe I am just missing them). She doesn't seem like she is in any kind of pain. I am just puzzled.
    jenniferlee_12

Answer by jenniferlee_12 at 8:42 AM on May. 1, 2009