Are Christians or Republicans "Right-Wing Extremists"? The Department of Homeland Security thinks so!!!

What do you think about what the Department of Homeland Security said:

"“no specific information that domestic rightwing terrorists are currently planning acts of violence . . . rightwing extremists may be gaining new recruits by playing on their fears about several emergent issues.” In defining rightwing extremism, the report states “rightwing extremism in the United States can be broadly divided into those groups, movements, and adherents that are primarily hate-oriented . . . and those that are mainly antigovernment, rejecting federal authority in favor of state or local authority, or rejecting government authority entirely. It may include groups and individuals that are dedicated to a single issue, such as opposition to abortion or immigration.”

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:15 PM on Apr. 29, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I didn't see any specific mention of Christians or Republicans mentioned. I think that is reaching, sorry.
    gludwig2000

Answer by gludwig2000 at 6:29 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• Grape is my favorite flavor, but without a doubt I think homeland security is crazy.
    Anonymous

• I see nothing in there about religion, specifically christians. Rejecting federal authority is not against our bill of rights. And not all republicans are right-wing extremists.
    Anonymous

• I did hear most of the report and they did indeed call many groups right wing extremists: conservatives, pro-life people and even returning vets a threat to our country. My hubby served 20 years in the military and that report pissed me off royally. This is how we treat out returning vets??? Did they learn nothing from Vietnam?? The biggest threat to our country sits in the Oval Office.
    Anonymous

• Lincage would be good here!
    MizKizzy

Answer by MizKizzy at 6:39 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• Uhm . . . it says that people that are pro-life, believe in stricter immigration laws, and favor state and local authority rather than big government. What do you think this is talking about?

You can check out the source if you like

Department of Homeland Security Report: Pro-Lifers Most Dangerous Domestic Terrorists

Anonymous

• I think you are paranoid and looking for things to be upset about.

Friday

Answer by Friday at 6:40 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• Friday, I think you have a point.
    MizKizzy

Answer by MizKizzy at 6:41 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

I believe that they are talking about extremists, not just those who believe a certain way. Anti abortion people willing to blow up abortion clinics and personnel, anti immigration people who believe in beating or murdering illegal immigrants. Extremists is the key word here.
    gludwig2000

Answer by gludwig2000 at 6:42 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• anon :39 - The biggest threat to our country thankfully LEFT the oval office back in Janurary!!
    Anonymous