random question....im bored

so i had a nest of robin red-breast babies in my backyard right outside my bedroom window (which was really cool because i could lay in bed in the mornings and watch them) but today they left the nest. i was wondering-do you think mommy birds get sad when its time for their babies to leave the nest?? lmao i was a little sad because now all i have is an empty nest so i wonder if she was sad too.
oh and does anyone know if they will come back to their nest tonight? if not, i want to take the nest down but i dont want to leave any birds homeless. lmao

SThompson21

Asked by SThompson21 at 6:15 PM on Apr. 29, 2009 in Just for Fun

• lol maybe -- and they could.:)
    kylesboo

Answer by kylesboo at 6:18 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• Idk, but I would leave it there for a couple of days just in case they do come back or another little robin family wants to move in lol.
    geminisummerz

Answer by geminisummerz at 6:19 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• I had a nest in my window too...and once they fly they never come back...I miss them too!!!
    blessingAH

Answer by blessingAH at 6:22 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• The mother may return to it next year, or another robin may. My grandpa had a robin's nest that was used a couple years in a row in one of his trees.

Well, until the black birds came in and destroyed it. :-(
    Mangy_Momma

Answer by Mangy_Momma at 6:28 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• Awwww...
    that was so sweet.

I doubt they get sad though, seeing as they kick them out with out even so much as a cell # to call in case the run into trouble...LOL

Lord, I hope ppl. understand that wa sjust a joke.
    Happ-eToBme

Answer by Happ-eToBme at 6:29 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• No ,animals lose that instinct once the hormones stop flowing.I think primates care though just like us.
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 8:58 PM on Apr. 29, 2009