How to get rid of smoke stinch

Today we accidentally burnt some popcorn in the microwave. Do you know a good trick that will lessen the smell or get rid of it from the house, it is really strong. Also, the microwave oven itself, what would you do to clean it out. The burn got contained in the popcorn bag itself but the inside of the over stinks soooooo bad.
Thank you much,
Bea

BeaMoore

Asked by BeaMoore at 6:16 PM on Apr. 29, 2009 in Home & Garden

• Try scrubbing out the microwave with a mixture of baking soda and water. If that doesn't help, leave an opened box of baking soda in the microwave for a couple of days to absorb the smell. As for through the house, the only thing I can think of is a good airing.
    Mangy_Momma

Answer by Mangy_Momma at 6:29 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• Thank you. I also have Borax at home, I think it has a lot in common with baking soda, so if baking soda doesn't work I will try the borax next. I opened everything I could in the house and all fans are on.
    Have a great evening.
    BeaMoore

Answer by BeaMoore at 6:33 PM on Apr. 29, 2009