My speech final is about an innovative idea that would change America and I need help...

this is due on Monday and I just have no idea what to write about. If anyone has any ideas that would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. Tam

Tamarock

Asked by Tamarock at 6:22 PM on Apr. 29, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Does it have to be a positive change? If the right to free speach was taken away there would be a dramatic change in America.
    Anonymous

• LED lighting, the bulbs last 20 years at 1/1000th of the cost of regular lightbulbs in energy usage

Anonymous

• yes I believe that it has to be a positive change and I don't believe that we have complete freedom of speech now anyways...but that is just my opinion....lol
    Tamarock

Answer by Tamarock at 6:37 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• You could look into the amounts of food thrown away by grocery stores, restaurants, and bakeries and delis. They throw enough food away daily that could feed all the hungry in our country. I'm not sure about laws or ordinances in place, but I believe that all edible food should be donated to a distributor. It's just an idea about something that has always bothered me.
    KelleyP77

Answer by KelleyP77 at 6:38 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• How about how our President wants to make us a socialist country? That would be a change
    Anonymous

• Try to pick a couple simple issues to write on that if they were tackled their would be more opportunities in this country. Things like outsourcing, impact of illegals in the country and taking care of border control, or some kind of reform such as health care or education. Take one of those, research and see the impact, those are much easier issues to write on when taken apart and if you look into what other countries do vs. ours you might come up with solutions that are innovative and could better our country, or at the least come up with points that would demonstrate if you changed this then that changes American in that way. Good Luck!
    Knightquester

Answer by Knightquester at 6:44 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• Maybe focus on an innovative idea that has already been started, but isn't utilized enough. Like the Arizona warden that houses inmates outdoors in tents, feeds them the required 3 meals a day with no "snacks" or shop to buy junk food, etc. and uses them as labor for community projects. This warden points out that inmates (who violated laws) are not being asked to live, eat or work any differently then our troops (who are heros).

IMO I think this kind of prison system; as well as those that enact education/training programs, turns a "negative" in to a positive and is an innovative way to fix our country's prison overpopulation problems (as well as rehabilitate repeat offenders)
    ozarkgirl3

Answer by ozarkgirl3 at 6:48 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• LED lighting, the bulbs last 20 years at 1/1000th of the cost of regular lightbulbs in energy usage***

Cool idea!
    Knightquester

Answer by Knightquester at 6:48 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• it is a cool idea, the bulbs never get hot and there is no mercury.

Anonymous

• if it were possible, absent parents would be forced to be accountable - that would change a lot!
    mommyof3xy

Answer by mommyof3xy at 7:25 PM on Apr. 29, 2009