Will the father of my child ever come around!!

When I found out that I was pregnant the father of my child suggested I should get a abortion but I refuse. Now he dont come around as much as he use to before I got pregnant. Will he ever come around and be in my child life!!!!

kamara23

Asked by kamara23 at 6:23 PM on Apr. 29, 2009 in Relationships

• probably not considering he wanted you to get an abortion what a dick!! im sorry mama
    Breezy1988

Answer by Breezy1988 at 6:25 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• maybe its jst taking him longer to absorb that he is going to be a daddy soon. I say give him some time.....n its best u have a good chat with him. communication is really important.
    marzbee

Answer by marzbee at 6:41 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• Unfortunately, it sounds as though he really doesn't want to be a father, so I wouldn't count on him coming around. It sucks, and I'm sorry he's putting you thru that. But you'll be fine, and the baby will be fine, even if he doesn't get it together and be there for the both of you.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 7:19 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• Sadly, men mature much slower than women. He probably knows that you will take care of baby. I sure hope that he comes around because there are so many wonderful times to share when you have with a child (children). It is definitely more difficult to do it on your own but you can, and ultimately, it will be his loss. I agree with the gal above - try to communicate with him, and let him know wht a miracle you both have been blessed with :)
    mommyof3xy

Answer by mommyof3xy at 7:21 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• I think by him suggesting you get an abortion, should be enough of an answer for you, its just obvious that he doesnt want to be a parent yet, and while your choice is to have the baby because for whatever reason you chose not to abort (which I will say I am not for abortion), now he doesnt have much choice in what happens now.....does he? I wouldnt count on him to be much of anything to the child, plain and simple I know it sucks but what else can you do except for carrty on, because even though society still thinks that just because you have a child together doesnt -mean, you will be together, and just because you end up getting pregnant it doesnt mean that both parties involved are ready to be parents
    hautemama83

Answer by hautemama83 at 7:46 PM on Apr. 29, 2009