Cookie Recipe Help

I received a jar of snickerdoodle cookie mix (dry ingredients) as a gift... however the tag that came with it to say how much eggs and margarine etc. need to be added was lost.... does anyone have ths info? Thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:28 PM on Apr. 29, 2009 in Food & Drink

• Ingredients:

* 2 3/4 cups all purpose flour
    * 1/4 tsp. salt
    * 2 tsp. cream of tartar
    * 1 1/2 cups sugar

Preparation:
    In a large bowl, combine the ingredients with a whisk. Store the cookie mix in an airtight container or jar. Attach this recipe to the jar:

Snickerdoodles

* 1 cup butter or margarine, softened 2 eggs 1 package Snickerdoodle Mix 1/2 cup granulated sugar 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon

Answer by Bmat at 6:36 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• Preheat oven to 350°. In a large mixing bowl with electric mixer, cream butter until light; add the eggs and beat on low speed until the mixture is smooth and well blended. Add the Snickerdoodle Mix and continue to beat on low speed until the dough begins to form. Combine the sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl. Shape the dough into 1-inch balls; roll in the cinnamon-sugar mixture. Arrange on ungreased baking sheets 2 inches apart and bake for 16 to 19 minutes, or until light tan.
    Makes about 5 dozen cookies
    I found this online at http://southernfood.about.com/od/spicecookies/r/bl31116c.htm

Answer by Bmat at 6:37 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• So this goes along with what I was thinking, about a cup of softened margarine and two eggs. And it goes into detail about how to prepare and bake them. I hope it turns out well for you! If your jar of mix contains different ingredients then it's hard to say. But I would think a cup of margarine and two eggs sounds about right in general.

Answer by Bmat at 6:39 PM on Apr. 29, 2009