Childrens Seasonal Allergies

Anyone have kids with seasonal allergies? I am thinking my four yr old son has them and I am wondering what ways they can be treated without medication...

Anne.Marie

Asked by Anne.Marie at 6:29 PM on Apr. 29, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• keep him from going outside? idk i give my dd zyrtec
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 6:33 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• The only way I've heard of is by eating local honey. Not sure how well it works.

My oldest son will be 6 in 2 weeks and gets horrible allergies at the end of the summer...swollen, watery, itchy eyes...he can hardly open them.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 6:33 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• i have heard many times that eating local honey (from a bee farmer-natural) will help with that. definatly try it :) good luck
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 6:35 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• Well they arent horrible yet. Hes gotten hives for about two years now around the same time of year and now along with the hives he has developed a very dry cough. I try to give my kids as little medication as possible. ReneeK3 I heard the honey thing too and was thinking of trying that
    Anne.Marie

Answer by Anne.Marie at 6:37 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• well if he NEEDS medication, don't make him suffer by not giving it to him
    Anonymous

• Its allergies and hes not suffering by not getting medication, if you had read the post and answers I already said they are not bad allergies and if I can relieve them naturally thats better than filling him up on medication
    Anne.Marie

Answer by Anne.Marie at 7:26 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• You can give him peppermint tea (peppermint is a natural decongestant). Try eliminating dairy, too.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:47 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• my son is 5 and he is just now getting allergies for the first time this year- they are horrible- to the point where his eyes are swollen and bright red and constantly tearing and then he sneezes constantly with tons of mucus so i HAVE to give him meds- even though i wish i didnt have to- but if theyre not that bad i would do a saline solution wash of his sinuses along with wut the pps said- local honey and avoiding dairy-but besides that i would let him ride it out- theres not much else to do that i know of- maybe try goin to about.com they have info on EVERYTHING lol- good luck
    lovelyli217

Answer by lovelyli217 at 3:39 PM on Apr. 30, 2009