Small clot after cervical check

I'm currently 39 weeks pregnant and just had my appointment today. They said to expect a little spotting after being checked (although I usually don't have any). It's now been 5 hours since my appointment and I am having some bleeding. It started out brownish/pink and is now pinkish-red. It is starting to lessen, but I just noticed a very small clot about half the size of my pinky nail. Is this something I should be concerned about or is it normal? My doctor's office is closed and the nearest hospital is 45 mins away, so I'd just like some personal opinions while I wait for my hubby to get home from work.

purvislets

Asked by purvislets at 6:29 PM on Apr. 29, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I don't think its anything to worry about, you are probably starting the "bloody show" which was brought on by the check. With my first my labor started exactly that way (minus the cervical check) I had lost my mucas plug 5 days earlier then woke up one morning with some brownish blood, which turned more red and then I started passing some thicker stuff. I would say that you will probably go in to labor soon! :) Good Luck!!! Hurry up baby Evan!!!
    jkruehmann

Answer by jkruehmann at 6:36 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• I had the same thing happen to me right before Lucas came. I got checked at the doctor and then started spotting and then bleeding when I got home. It just means he is coming soon... I would not be worried...
    Hilliardmommy

Answer by Hilliardmommy at 7:31 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• sounds like your muscus plug is coming out. no worris hun!! baby is on the way!!
    phaelansmama

Answer by phaelansmama at 7:49 PM on Apr. 29, 2009