my boy is not eating well

my 1 year old prefers his milk over food.....is there n e other way i could make his meal interesting to eat? could it be his teeth?

marzbee

Asked by marzbee at 6:31 PM on Apr. 29, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• my son did the same thing. we finally had to quit giving him milk during the day. he only gets milk at night and during the day he drinks water or juice. try it and see if it helps
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 6:32 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• It's actually very common. Make sure he doesn't get too much milk - no more than 20 ounces a day.
    It's also common for the amount of food they eat to drop sometime after the first birthday. They aren't growing at the huge rate they were as babies and don't need as much food.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 7:04 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• My son was still predominantly breastfed at 1 and has only just started eating meals at 17 months. Its very normal so dont worry too much.
    Anonymous

• Try giving him water in a sippy cup and lots of calcium rich foods. Here is information on calcium: http://www.pcrm.org/health/prevmed/strong_bones.html

The best book on feeding you baby is Super Baby Food by Ruth Yaron; you should be able to find a copy at your local library. www.superbabyfood.com

Answer by rkoloms at 7:33 PM on Apr. 29, 2009