what more can u do other than saying sorry

i got my husband booked with a fine if $200...my fault, we wer late to work, i was yelling telling him to change lane....etc etc. my husband was so furious when the police pulled us over.....OMG... His face jst said it all....i said i was gonna pay for the fine but he said he didnt care coa i jst destroyed his licence...i dont know what else to do...i feel really horrible n he asked me never to talk to him or call him again untill he speaks to me.....wat m i to do now?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:50 PM on Apr. 29, 2009 in Relationships

• just let him be mad and hes gonna have to get over it
    Breezy1988

Answer by Breezy1988 at 6:51 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• umm hes a grown man, its not your fault if he acted like an idiot to a cop. he needs to get over it
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 6:53 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• He is your husband so how can you not talk to him if you live in the same house. Pay the ticket and move on. He needs to grow up things happen and he was the driver so it is his responsibility to make sure he is following the rules of the road no matter what. So he can blame himself for his driving issues and screwing up his own license. He is an adult not some young kid being influenced by his buddies to be cool. As my mom always says, when your late your late and it doesn't matter how late you are because either way you late so make it there alive and leave earlier the next time
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 6:53 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• Same here ... Let him get over it. You said you was sorry.
    Shaqbe4u

Answer by Shaqbe4u at 6:54 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• Let him blow it off! The last thing you want to do is be pushy!!!! Men deal differently than us. So I would do as he asked and let him come to you when he's ready!
    ladyd6280

Answer by ladyd6280 at 6:54 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• Wow.

Ok, first off, don't you know how completely dangerous of a driver you make him by yelling at him while he's behind the wheel? THAT is your fault. I hope you learned a lesson about that.

Now. He must have been driving unsafely to get pulled over. THAT is his fault. If he was too flustered to drive safely, then he should have pulled over until he had his head screwed on straight enough to drive.

As for being sorry, that's all you can say. He'll have to get over it on his own.
    Mangy_Momma

Answer by Mangy_Momma at 6:55 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• He should go to court if it is his first offense and get probation before judgment or whatever they have where you live. If he doesn't get in any more trouble for a length of time then he wouldn't have the points and the fine. If it is his first offense, sometimes the judge will let him off. He chose to obey your urging, so it is his fault, he should have just ignored you. Which you also wouldn't have liked. You were in the wrong, even so, it is OK to offer a suggestion (we are going to be late, if you change lanes it might help) but not to insist and nag. That puts the driver in a bad dilemma about whether to give in to the urgings or to drive cautiously. A true apology contains not only that you are sorry, but also a promise to do better in the future. Tell him he was right and you were wrong.

Answer by Bmat at 6:57 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• Destroyed his license? How many points against it did he have before this incident? Sounds to me like the destruction has been going on for awhile...or were you the cause of all the other points against it, too?

I didn't think so.

He needs to take responsibility for his own actions. Granted, he acted under stress from YOUR yelling, but he was the driver!

timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 7:05 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• Sounds like he's being a baby. People get tickets, you pay them and move on. Both of you will be more careful next time. Anyways, if you are married isn't it both of your money that the ticket is being paid out of?

I got so mad at my husband for getting a speeding ticket because we couldn't afford it and 2 months later, I got one. I felt SO bad.
    Indygirl18

Answer by Indygirl18 at 7:05 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• thanks ladies.
    my husband got 3points. i dont know y?....isnt it suppose to be 1 for careless driving?...he is on P so 1 more offense n his license be taken from him....
    and i have to pay for it. the car is under my name n he refuses to pay for it....i cant do n e thing but pay. long story. according to him its my fault completely.
    i really jst wanna gettover all this. i feel bad thou for his license...
    Anonymous