Do you think teachers are paid enough? What state do you live in?

beccare2000

Asked by beccare2000 at 7:01 PM on Apr. 29, 2009 in Money & Work

• No. NY.
    Anonymous

• I live in FL. No, I don't think they're paid enough. They grade papers and work on lesson plans at home, and they only get paid for the hours they are at the school. They deal with kids of all shapes, sizes, and attitudes, which can't be easy. And, in my experience, with a couple of notable exceptions, they go way out of their way to help the kids, help the families, to make sure that the kids get the best education they can.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 7:09 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• I do not think they are paid enough and I live in upstate New york. They put a lot of time, effort and patiece into our children ane their future and I believe they are grossly underpaid
    mommyof3xy

Answer by mommyof3xy at 7:16 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• No. Chicago. Teachers have the single most important job in the world.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:23 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• yea they are over paid bichs ohio
    Anonymous

• Oh, wow, Anon... what have we done to tick you off?? just wondering...
    beccare2000

Answer by beccare2000 at 8:57 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• They are not paid nearly enough. They have a very difficult job and limited resources to do it. My mom was a teacher and worked late into the evening grading papers, lesson planning, etc. She couldn't even get supplies for her room. Plus, she spends more time trying to discipline the unruly kids that she doesn't get to do her job....teach!
    the3jsandme

Answer by the3jsandme at 9:33 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• The starting out teacher salary here for a person straight out of college is about $41,000 per year. More experienced and higher educated teachers can earn up to $70,000 per year. This of course also includes a full benefits package.
    Magpie75

Answer by Magpie75 at 12:10 AM on Apr. 30, 2009

• Maine. Hell NO! Our teachers are not paid enough and our school do not receive enough.
    Works4Mom.com

Answer by Works4Mom.com at 7:13 AM on Apr. 30, 2009

• In my state/County they are. Montgomery County, Maryland, a kindergarten teacher I know who has 2 years of experience makes 70K.
    RUTTLES

Answer by RUTTLES at 7:55 AM on Apr. 30, 2009