should i say anything....

my boyfriends parents comes sees our child at least 3 times a week the past 2 months his mother has only came once she has a new friend who she is always with and her friends children they always go to chuck e cheese and places with the kid my child is 3 and asked her why didn't she take her to chuck e cheese and she lied and said that I would not let her go and I told her that she wasn't going anywhere with her.....Thats a lie I have never told her she couldn't go with her should I say anything to her or my child like no sweety she didn't ask if you could go I don't know what to do she makes me mad????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:01 PM on Apr. 29, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Well, it would make me mad, too. However, IMO, 3 years old is a bit young for Chuck E Cheese's.
    Mangy_Momma

Answer by Mangy_Momma at 7:03 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• i would call her and just ask "hey do you want to take .... to the park today?" and offer to pay for lunch or whatever, if she refuses than i would talk to your boyfriend about it, its his mom so its easier for him to discuss stuff like that with her and have her not be mad at him over it for years.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 7:03 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• I wouldn't tell the 3 yr old anything, I'd go to his mom. But I'd have him do it, and in a nice way, maybe put it as "X said that you told her this. That doesn't make sense, we think she misunderstood you. Can you tell me what happened here so we can explain to X what's going on?" That way, if it is a misunderstanding, she won't feel accused, and if that is what she said intentionally, she'll know you're onto her without it being confrontational and causing a rift.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 7:08 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• just come out and ask her what is up and why she doesnt want to bring her grandchild out for the day to chuck e cheese or anywhere. and 3 years old is not too young for it either. we brought my neice there for her 2nd birthday and she had a blast!
    rkm0731

Answer by rkm0731 at 7:09 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• I agree with tropical mama. You definately don't want to cause issues there. But, you do need to figure out what exactly happened and inform the mom of her actions, maybe she just doesn't get it.
    Anonymous

• 3yrs is not to young 4 chuckie cheese i cant believe someone said that
    mama2my2boys

Answer by mama2my2boys at 6:02 PM on Apr. 30, 2009