SWINE WHAT WOULD YOU DO

I live in Fort Worth Texas and they have closed four of the near by schools in Fort Worth ISD , we live very near and have just found out that they have closed more schoools about 20 mins away from where we live. My question is would you keep your kids home from school the rest of the week or would you send them? I am taking all precautions that we can and the kids know to wash but still it is kind of scary. What do you all think?

Korysmom96

Asked by Korysmom96 at 7:03 PM on Apr. 29, 2009 in Health

• it sounds paranoid, but i'd let my kids stay home. call the school get the work they would be doing, i'm sure you aren't the only parent that won't be sending their kids to school for that reason.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 7:09 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• Keep them home.
    Anonymous

• It would never hurt to keep them home. Consult your pediatrician but I think I'd just skip school.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 7:07 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• I would call the school's district office and express my concerns. That does hit close to home for you. I know with having a child with severe asthma and allergies, if it were that close to home for us I would definitely get a doctors note to pull her home. She is really prone to any type of viruses, etc. so we have to be extra careful every school year with her, flu or not.

When You Need Some Advice.............

RMSA3.png picture by RMSAAdmin

RMASAdmin

Answer by RMASAdmin at 7:08 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• I would keep mine home if my daughter was school age. There just confirming 2 probable cases here in Milwaukee and closing like 4 schools also. I have a 6 week old daughter, and at first this swine flu didn't really affect me, but it's hitting closer to home and is really starting to scare me a lot.
    jmpeskie

Answer by jmpeskie at 7:10 PM on Apr. 29, 2009