DOES GOD MAKE MISTAKES??

IN A JOURNAL I RECENTLY POSTED ON SCIENTIFIC STUDIES ON HOW BEING GAY IS NOT A CHOICE, I GOT A COMMENT FROM A VERY NICE CHRISTIAN LADY REFERING TO THE STUDY A LIE BY SATAN AND EVEN IF IT WAS PROVEN BEYOND A RESONABLE DOUBT THE FINDINGS WOULD BE A LIE MADE BY SATAN, BECAUSE GOD DOES NOT MAKE MISTAKES. HOW ABOUT CHILDREN BORN WITH ALL KINDS OF BIRTH DEFECTS, AND ILLNESSES ETC, ARE THEY A MISTAKE FROM GOD? OR WHERE THEY NOT MADE BY GOD?

Asked by older at 7:16 PM on Apr. 29, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

Level 69 (2,285,492 Credits)
  • No, I don't think God makes mistakes and I don't think gay people are mistakes.

I think there are many factors that lead to someone having homosexual feelings. But I don't think those factors involve God forcing them to feel that way. I also think some of those factors are something that influence them from a very young age, to where they feel like they have always been gay.

I would be interested in that journal you posted. Is it on your profile page?
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 7:36 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• CINNAMON-MOM, YES IT IS IN MY PROFILE PAGE, IT IS A YOUTUBE VIDEO OF A 60 MINUTES PROGRAM, THAT AIRED NOT TOO LONG AGO.

Answer by older at 7:39 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• God makes all life,he breathes into us and were born.Why some people turn out the way they are is because those people are special, God wanted them different for a reason.Were all special in the eyes of God,but some people are chosen for specific work on earth, to teach others compassion. Now about Gays?I believe being Gay is a choice,it's Not something God has made,because he's against homosexuality.Alot of men who are Gay,didn't have a father figure growing up and they were raised by their mothers.This has caused alot of them to become femine and become attracted to men as a way of comfort.Everybody is born with a sin nature and free will and they choose to do evil.
    countingsparows

Answer by countingsparows at 7:57 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• No, God does not make mistakes but we do because of imperfection, we are born imperfect, some missing a leg or Cleft pallet, some born with mental problems, do we claim these things are fine, normal? No, I look at it in this same way. if I desire something I know God says is wrong then it's not because he made the mistake but that we live under the influence of Satan who wants us to reject God for what we choose is right or wrong.
    lisarose45

Answer by lisarose45 at 7:58 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• I don't think being gay is a mistake, I do understand for some it is a decision so to speak but for the majority I think they were born that way...Nothing wrong or a mistake about it, many things can lead to babies being born with deformities, I don't think every child is a gift from god, but I do think he gave us amazing bodies to sustain life, however, even with the over population of the world it is still amazing a baby is born, and a healthy baby is a blessing because of the millions of things that can go wrong in the womb, many are not our fault, some are, others are environmental. Everything can not be explain with or about God, somethings do not fall under him, it is human nature and genetics that cause a lot of issues..
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 8:00 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• No God does not make mistakes.
    Everything has a reason ,and everyone has a role in life.
    Nothing that happens is an accident, and everything happens for a reason.

God bless.
    mo2a27

Answer by mo2a27 at 8:27 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• COUNTINGSPAROWS, YOUR THEORY ON WHY SOME MEN ARE GAY IS RIDICULOUS, YOU CANNOT MAKE ANYONE BECOME GAY IF IT IS NOT IN THEIR NATURE, NO AMOUNT OF NURTURING OR LACK OF WILL CAUSE THAT. I RESPECTFULLY DISAGREE ON IT BEING A CHOICE, I KNOW FIRST HAND THAT MY DAUGHTER WAS BORN THIS WAY, SINCE SHE WAS A CHILD THERE WERE PALPABLE DIFFERENCES BETWEEN HER AND HER SISTER. MY DAUGHTER HAS A HEART OF GOLD NOT A SPECK OF SATANS INFLUENCE, SO THAT THEORY IS OUT THE WINDOW TOO.

Answer by older at 8:29 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• LOL Countingsparrows. Men are gay because they are raised by women?? Are you serious. This may shock you..Sit down. Heterosexual parents RAISE GAY PEOPLE. Take me for example. Although I am a woman and a lesbian both of my parents were straight..... My oldest is straight, I am a lesbian .I am just wondering how sheltered you were as a child to think such things? I hate to shoot holes in your theory but you are truly mis informed on this matter.

And to answer the question. No I do not think God makes mistakes. WE are all here for a reason. Even us gay folk.
    ChrisandLiz

Answer by ChrisandLiz at 8:37 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• God does not make mistakes. Satan has NOTHING to do with homosexuality or illness, disabilities etc. These circumstances are all GIFTS from God. They bring diversity to the world among other things! I know personally MY WORLD wouldn't be half as wonderful without the people that are not 'normal' in it.

hannahwill

Answer by hannahwill at 8:38 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• "Alot of men who are Gay,didn't have a father figure growing up and they were raised by their mothers.This has caused alot of them to become femine and become attracted to men as a way of comfort"

What is your theory for straight men that were raised by gay men?!?! What is your theory for a gay woman raised by a straight single woman?

hannahwill

Answer by hannahwill at 8:41 PM on Apr. 29, 2009