Why do women withold sex from their partners?

I'm not one to put up with SO's sh*t, but I"ve never, EVER witheld sex from him.
Why do women feel they have that right?
Do you do it?
I gets me so angry when there's a woman on here complaining of her husband cheating or watching porn, yet she is happy to say " we've gone about 5 months with no sex, why is this happening?"
DUH!
Think about it!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:18 PM on Apr. 29, 2009 in Relationships

• NO NO NO. I do not. I get angry and I get grouchy with him and I PMS just like every else, but I never say no if he asks. Thats a recipe for major disaster. I think women like to hold the cards in the relationship because their afraid. Its stricly fear based and it destroys marriages. I have never deliberately withheld sex from him but I did go through a time when I was ignorant about WHAT his needs were. We didnt have sex as much as he needed and he didnt communicate with me. I found out he was doing it himself and I was SO hurt. So very very hurt. Because I wanted to do it for him and he was deceiving me. That was the worst. So we promised then and there that I would never say no if he promised to tell me when he needed and wanted it. That was 8 yrs ago. It saved our sex life. No one taught me how to be a wife. I just had to figure it out. My husband will get it elsewhere if I dont do it. Not with anyone, but even himself.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 9:02 AM on Apr. 30, 2009

• I withhold from my husband from time to time. I think we only do the deed 3 times a month. I have that RIGHT because it is my body too! I have 3 kids and a house to take care of and I'm not in the mood.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 7:22 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• Yes actually it IS a woman's right to withhold sex from her husband. Just because he is your husband doesn't mean you should have sex with him whenever he wants it. Some women do it because they are mad...I mean seriously would you want to have sex with someone you were mad at? And other women have their reasons too but it is their own choice. And actually I don't think not having sex as often as they would like can justify men cheating...although I'm sure it probably contributes some to it.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 7:22 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• because a lot of husbands treat their wives like animals, and after years of being treated like a pissing well, women get sexually immune.

it's a sort of self correcting.
    Maybe they dont want their husband cheating to looking at porn while their married, but in general, the bottom line sometimes is that the women just don't want to married anymore.

sometimes......
    Anonymous

• Frigid maybe ? Mad sex is good sometimes imo. I havent wthheld sex as a punishment. I might punish myself at the same time. But I have been so hurt by him I didnt even want to look at him. Sex shouldnt be used as a tool to correct a man or a woman at that.
    Vivian63

Answer by Vivian63 at 7:27 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• Because we can...
    writeon

Answer by writeon at 7:27 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• OP HERE - I don't understand why in the first place you would take sex away, yea being mad is one thing, but going months without it just seems so stupid.
    What is anyone gaining out of that? Nothing.
    Why not tell him not to go out with his buddies, or to do household chores?
    Why is taking sex away such a big thing .. it hurts your relationship in the end, because he WILL find it else where.
    Anonymous

• i think it stupid to to do that it just saying to them hey hunny i dont mind if you go cheat on me after all we are not have sex. i would never do that to my boyfriend i mean yeah i tell him no sometimes but we have sex all the time sometimes 3 times a day.
    angel_megan

Answer by angel_megan at 7:28 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• Ladies if he does no get it from you he will find somwone who will give it to him, is that what you want. And think what if it was the other way around???
    stephania01

Answer by stephania01 at 7:32 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• People who are withholding sex aren't all doing it as punishment to their men....good grief! Stereotype much? I didn't sign my body over to my husband the day we got married. I signed over my heart. If I'm not in the mood, he doesn't get it...period.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 7:32 PM on Apr. 29, 2009