What do you do to teach your children leadership skills?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:23 PM on Apr. 29, 2009 in Tweens (9-12)

• My daughter will be 9 in a week. She's kind of a born leader, I think. Maybe it's just because she's the older sibling. However, we do encourage her to volunteer for positions in student council at school... My son is 6 1/2. He's a follower. I have been trying to get him to be a little more assertive by letting him know how proud I am when he does well in leadership positions (if he was door holder in class that day, etc.).

I do remind my children that while it is good to sometimes be the leader, it is always important to listen to the input of your peers and mentors. Sometimes, it is ok to follow.
    sparrowprincess

Answer by sparrowprincess at 11:24 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• Part my my daughter's "chores", are to read to her younger brothers and sister. She gets to teach them stuff which makes her the leader. And it makes her feel really good when they learn something!
    kgck_momma

Answer by kgck_momma at 2:28 AM on Apr. 30, 2009

• I answered in your other post....it was too long to repeat~!....LOL
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 8:53 AM on Apr. 30, 2009

• I teach my children by trying to be a good role modle for them. Our kids mimic every thing we do good and bad......................just as long as the good outways the bad.
    proudmama2121

Answer by proudmama2121 at 12:16 AM on May. 1, 2009