What do you do to teach your children leadership skills?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:24 PM on Apr. 29, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• All 3 of my kids are involved with 4-H and they're great about teaching kids about leadership. My 2 oldest ones have been on the "board" of our 4-H group (President, Treasurer, Secretary).
    My 12 year old just got back from a 3 day Teen Summit Camp with the school resourse officer. He was taught a lot of things about bullying and keeping the peace at school and crime prevention and will now do a speech about it to his fellow classmates. They're all 3 involved with school activities that involve leadership skills. Even my youngest son (who's 9) is involved with a club at school (Kids In Action) and they learn things outside of school and then comes back to share them with the elementary classes. I am always pushing them to be a leader and not a follower.
    BrendaMomOf3

Answer by BrendaMomOf3 at 12:42 AM on Apr. 30, 2009