how many jars of baby food does your little one eat a day and how old are they do you mix it with anything like cereal?

knepppi

Asked by knepppi at 7:27 PM on Apr. 29, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My baby eats 5 jars a day in the morning I mix fruit with cereal and for lunch and dinner I give him a veggie and a fruit.
    kalarkids

Answer by kalarkids at 7:30 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• how old is he?
    knepppi

Answer by knepppi at 7:32 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• My eat 4 jars a day. for lunch and dinner one of veggie and fruit. In the morning was cereal.
    Jamie8788

Answer by Jamie8788 at 7:34 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• My baby girl is 10 months old. In the morning I give her fruit mixed with cereal, for lunch she has a veggie and a fruit, and at dinner she has a veggie and fruit. I also give her table food in between and snacks. All together she has about 5 jars a day.
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 7:34 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• When he first started eating at 5 month.
    Jamie8788

Answer by Jamie8788 at 7:35 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• When they were 6 months old, they each took 6 stage 2 jars per day. The younger two would only eat it thickened with cereal. They each still took about 8oz formula per meal and another 8oz before bed.

They also had 8oz juice/water mixed with some finger foods twice a day for snacks.

They are now 5, 3 and 2 years...and are still good eaters!
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 7:38 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• I started my DD on cereal when she was 4 months. First the rice, but she wouldn't eat it. so I got some stage one gerber fruits, and mixed in bananas, then did the apples, etc.

but try the rice, then wheat, for a week or two (for allergy reasons). If she doesn't eat it, try what I did, if they do... then after the week or two, you can start mixing in the fruit. Give it 3 days between eat flavor, because of allergies.
    by 6 months my DD was eatting 3 times a day stage 2. By 8 months she was on stage 3, and by 10 months, she was eatting table foods.

But table food comes when they can chew well, and have enough teeth, so the age of table food, varies with every kid.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 8:28 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• My sons are 9and a half months old. We go through 6-8 jars of stage 2 babyfood a day. At night they get a little applesauce with rice cereal to help them sleep...I started feeding them babyfood at 6 months.. They are breastfed babies and don't really need the food, but it is a nice break for me four times a day
    vsrillo

Answer by vsrillo at 8:31 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• My son is almost 9 months and he gets 3 jars of Stage 2 a day, and I will mix his last jar right before bed with some cereal.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 8:39 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• So much easier and cheaper and healthier to make your own. Smashed cooked sweet potato, avocado, cooked fruits, etc.
    Try to find Super Baby Food by Ruth Yaron at your library; much information and recipes at www.superbabyfood.com

Answer by rkoloms at 7:21 AM on Apr. 30, 2009