do you some times shower w/ your young children? (i.e. one yr old son/daughter)

im a single mom of one son, sometimes i need to shower but my son is WIDE awake and i cant leave him alone. thought about maybe putting him and some of his bath toys in to keep him busy at one end of the shower n take a shower at the same time.

Asked by mfh0411 at 7:32 PM on Jun. 20, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I put my son in with me until he started to " look up" I think its ok if he's playing and able to occupy his time by playing. I think the age depends on the child. My daughter was 2 when she asked a few questions so, I decided she was to old. My son was 3 before he even noticed I was in the shower with him. Hope that helps.

Answer by macola5739 at 7:36 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• I do it all the time...I've done it with all 3 of my kids (at different times obviously. My daughter just turned 2 and I still do it. She loves playing with her toys in the bottom of the tub while I shower.

Answer by ReneeK3 at 7:37 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• I've always done it if I needed to, or if they wanted to. I don't care if my kids see me naked. It won't harm them. They never see me doing anything sexual, and I don't walk around with no clothes on, so if they catch glimpses its fine. Don't worry, you'll be fine!

Answer by NomadSara at 7:48 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• i take a shower with my 19 month old daughter because she has a fear of bathtub

Answer by Jocelynn18 at 7:51 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• I never do, and never will. It makes me uncomfortable. I've gotten into the tub with my son before, because he was scared, but I was in shorts and a tank top. My kids rarely see me change clothes, either. I'm big on privacy. I started taking showers at night too, when my son was asleep...I get more time that way, and it's relaxing. Then I get to wake up fresh and they can dirty me up again. ;)

Answer by MaMomToTwo at 8:00 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• i used to, but now i take hot hot showers and dont want him in contact with very hot water, so i put a baby gate up in his room at his doorway and let him play in his room, where its safe. my younger son sits in his bouncy seat while i shower, but by the cracked door so he doesnt get too hot.

Answer by joshismyangel at 8:07 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• I used to take my daughter in the shower with me and just give her a shower at the same time. Gave me a chance to bond more, babies seem to love the feel of mom's skin, and it was fun for her. Then she got a little too curious, so I stopped. I think it was probably sometime between 1 and 2 that I stopped. She's 9 now. I think it's ok, but you could always leave the door open, give him toys to play with in the living room or where you can peek out at him. Im a single mom too so I know where you are coming from.

Answer by amoremio at 8:17 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• I shower with my 17 month old daughter and sometimes she looks up and points and giggles... I think it's funny. She's probably thinking, "what the heck is that and those?". There should be no shame in it because we are both female. But eventually I will just let her shower by herself (with me right there of course), until she's big enough to wash herself. My husband and I say that if we ever have a boy, then he will shower with him.

Answer by msp12r at 9:30 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• i showered with my son for a long time...i was a single mom and even when he was sleeping, i didnt feel comfortable taking really long showers and not being able to check on him....i stopped when he was probably around two, but that was because he was getting so rowdy that there just wasnt enough room for the two of us!

Answer by LoriaAnn at 9:59 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• yes its fine and normal

Answer by Patience1 at 12:12 AM on Jun. 21, 2008