Need help getting over someone.

I left my son's father three and a half years ago. He was an alcoholic, drug abuser, gambler, cheater, blah, blah, blah. About six months after I left I started seeing a man that I had known casually for six years. I had always admired him from afar, but was attached at the time and never acted on it. I felt so lucky when someone like him asked me out. I know that sounds very "low-self esteemish". We dated for about six months and I was so happy. No one had ever treated me with so much kindness and respect. Towards the end, I noticed that he seemed to be closing down. I panicked that I was going to lose him and I was crying every day. I finally told him that I needed to stop crying and we split up. I was devastated. I still am. I still see him every day (he works in my office building and lives around the corner from me). It's been two years now and I can't seem to get over it. Help!

lsj913

Asked by lsj913 at 8:03 PM on Apr. 29, 2009 in Relationships

• Maybe you cant get over him because you truely love him. I say talk to him and tell him how you feel and if he doesnt have the same feelings for you at least you would know and it may make it easier to get over him. You may find out hat he still has feelings for you too. You might just send him a little card "thinking of you" and see what his response is. Good Luck!
    heavenlypeace

Answer by heavenlypeace at 8:28 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• Awwwww! Sweetie, I'm in kind of the same boat you are. I wish I could help you! But for now

hugs It is so much harder when you see them all the time. Good luck!

lincsmom74

Answer by lincsmom74 at 8:42 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• Thanks for you support, ladies. He still comes to my desk every morning and has coffee with me. I have tried to talk about how I feel, but I start to get choked up and I don't ever want to cry in front of him again.
    lsj913

Answer by lsj913 at 8:57 PM on Apr. 29, 2009