any one sell avon?

just wanted to know how you like it, im considering doing it. i just got off the phone with them and have a meeting set up for next fri. was wondering what other peoples opinions about it are...

jac1908

Asked by jac1908 at 8:05 PM on Apr. 29, 2009 in Money & Work

• I have been selling Avon now for 3 weeks and so far i really really like it. just keep in mind that Avon is a huge corporation and not as outdated as some people may think. pay attention to what your sales manager tells you about the company. it is really interesting. and another thing to keep in mind is the more people you introduce yourself to, the more potential customers you will have and that is the key to making money...more customers. don't be afraid to approach people about it. the worst thing they can do is say no. get out there and sell your butt off. good luck
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 8:11 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• i did avon for awhile and it is a lot of work. it is fun b/c they always have new stuff, but it is a lot of cost in catalogs every 2 weeks and a lot of gas delivering catalogs and orders. if you do choose avon do not become an e-rep. it is a waste of money! i am now with a direct sales company called Athome America selling home decor. It is a lot less running around and a lot more fun! you can start in april for only the cost of tax on your kit- pm me if you would like more info!
    mamasonja27

Answer by mamasonja27 at 9:15 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• I sent you a pm.
    Marianne531

Answer by Marianne531 at 9:39 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• Avon costs a lot of money, what with ordering catalogs, delivering products and whatnot, but if there aren't a bazillion avon reps in your area, you can probably make some decent money. Be sure you know what the costs of maintaining it will be
    motherofanaries

Answer by motherofanaries at 10:35 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• I sold Avon for 5 years and was a Unit Leader. I rarely kept a $1 profit or more a campaign because you end up spending what little you make on more brochures, samples, demos, door hanging bags, bags for delivering, labels for the brochures etc. etc.

Go to www.avon.com and do the find a rep searach with your zip code. This will show JUST the reps who have the eRep site (another cost each month), in mine over 30 reps show up and I know there are DOZENS more without the site. There are 5 reps on my street alone that I know of and they aren't listed on that search!

You literally have to purchase HUNDREDS of brochures each campaign and consistantly get them out there and you have to advertise as many ways as possible from window decals for the car, shirts, clear purse showing a brochure, and handing brochures to anyone you come across...which only starts to seem too pushy to people!

Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 7:07 AM on Apr. 30, 2009

• Everyone is right you spend more money on the demos and shipping and handeling.You do not make really any money in avon.You really only get the products cheaper for you.Avon has excellent products but not much profit.You do end up spending too much on brochures and things too.I would recommend if you want to go into selling products that have higher profit to try SMC they have good products and high profits.Good luck.
    Mandy1974

Answer by Mandy1974 at 12:47 AM on May. 1, 2009