As a customer what kind of offers do you like to see?

I do hair and nails and I'm looking to get more people in our salon. What are some things that would attract you to a salon, deals, coupons, types of advertising etc?

Steff107

Asked by Steff107 at 8:08 PM on Apr. 29, 2009 in Money & Work

• maybe if they get their hair done nails painted free? or i love the punch card things that places have, after so many of something you get it for free. you could do a buy one (nails, manicure, hair cut) get the cheaper half off. my hair place had an ad in the window for a free pedicure if you got your hair cut there, that was 2 years ago and thats still the place i go and pay full price when they don't have their deals, willingly. you could go a little upscale and offer refreshments, so its kind of a spa atmosphere (just a soda or juice) i always forget coupons so those don't do me any good personally, its the ads i see either in the paper or on windows that get me to go into a place and try it out
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 8:12 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• You speak English. I'd be first in line.
    Anonymous

• I was gonna say free, maybe free cut with the purchase of a color? or free manicure wtih the purchase of a facial? What ever is the most expensive thing you could charge for then give the least expensive thing away for free. 'Cause you still gotta make your money: )
    violaswamp

Answer by violaswamp at 8:19 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• i like coupons,
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 8:20 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• People love to get something free. I think thats nice when you pay for something and get something in return!!!
    beingamomrocks1

Answer by beingamomrocks1 at 8:29 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• Start with everyone fluent in english, add a calm, CLEAN, relaxing enviroment, no gossiping about other clients from the staff and someone who can wash my hair without their boobs or armpit in my face. I pay a mint to go to the only Day Spa/salon near me that offers all these things. Another nice thing is because they offer premiums service the are a non-gratuity facility.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 8:37 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• LOL I have to say I agree with the english part....I'm so sick of hearing people of asian decent doing nails and tlaking to each other laughing, instantly makes me think "Just what are they saying about me?"

Vista Print has awesome looking FREE postcacrds for those that do nails and hair. So I'd get that, perhaps add a coupon to it and rather than paying extra for postage just go door to door in the surrounding neighborhood.

And I would love to see a deal where you get fills at a much more discounted rate. Or a punch card offering a free fill after so many other things or services are purchased!
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 10:24 AM on Apr. 30, 2009

• I go to a salon that does not have sales or gimmicks they offer affordable prices and great services everyday. I hate ads and really hate gimmicks I stay away from almost all salons because of them. This place is packed mainly because you know the price always and you know they hire the best.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:35 AM on Apr. 30, 2009

• lower the rate for perms for long hair. one place told me it would be like $80.00 I have hair to my bra strap. i have baby thin hair and it just goes limp. I really have to work hard to make it fluffy for any real length of time. oh and good advice on hair products per costumer.
    debmom07

Answer by debmom07 at 11:34 AM on Apr. 30, 2009

• oooh girl please if you charge to blow dry someones hair ask them first. please. $4.00 dollars to dry my hair. i was mad. if given the option i would let it air dry. I do tip though and as a haridresser what do you think is a good tip or bad tip or a mininum.
    debmom07

Answer by debmom07 at 11:38 AM on Apr. 30, 2009