Nevermind "intentions"

What is the most likely scenario here? The president goes on TV, and in the course of his completely unnecessary speech, he makes a point to talk about a strain of the flu that has over a 90% survival rate and tells people not to panic, yet rambles on and on about all the resources being devoted to this non-crisis. What will be the result of this?

A) People will calmly and rationally agree that the flu isn't going to destroy the world

B) People will decide if it's important enough for the Pres to pre-empt Scrubs, it's probably really worse than he's letting on and we should all proceed to panic

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 8:11 PM on Apr. 29, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I tried to watch the presidential speech, I went to sleep... did he say anything important?
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 9:46 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• i think at this point, it doesn't make a diff if he says or doesn't say anything. its been all over the news, if people are gonna panick they are gonna panick. and yes, in my opinion, its a case of why are you telling me theres nothing to worry about, but talking about it every 5 mins,
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 8:14 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• 90% SURVIVAL RATE????????????? You mean this moron might be grandstanding??????????????????? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 8:38 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• Have I mentioned I think you are awesome OP? LOL
    mlregalado

Answer by mlregalado at 8:46 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• Just turn off the TV. He's not worth listening too..... He's said um.. like 50 times in 5 minutes!
    Vanessannd

Answer by Vanessannd at 8:54 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• god forbid we actually have a president who lets himself be seen. when vacationing half of your presidency it would have been rather difficult before.
    JackalsWife

Answer by JackalsWife at 9:09 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• Obama gets an A for tonight.....
    Grandmarga

Answer by Grandmarga at 9:42 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• he had another speech tonight, he should just take up the Tuesday 8pm timeslot weekly on NBC and be done with it. i'm sick of seeing that smiling a-- grin on my high def.tv. It's so close up I can see all the moles and food particles. yuk.
    Anonymous

• I give him an F for failure.
    Anonymous