Pregnancy & Swine Flu

I am 5 months pregnant & there has been a case in our state of Swine Flu. I'm suppose to be traveling, by vehicle, to Indiana with my mother-in-law which is another to have a case. I am worried about going. Our route takes us throw two states that have the Swine Flu. What do you all think of traveling during this outbreak being in the second trimester????

raymerbaby7

Asked by raymerbaby7 at 8:12 PM on Apr. 29, 2009 in Health

• There are three confirmed cases within a 12 mile radius of my home. We have been advised to avoid being anywhere outside your home you don't HAVE to be. If the trip isn't a life or death kind of thing I would be staying home if I were you. The US went from 7 confirmed cases at 0900 Monday morning to 91 confirmed cases by Wednesday noon. Of the 148 confirmed cases worldwide the majority of them are in the US. The others are spread over 10 countries. 2700 more cases are suspected and pending confirmation.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 8:32 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• OMG out of how many people in the entire state there is ONE case
    just a month or so ago there were hundreds of flu cases daily.......no body got frantic about that
    Anonymous