Is this part of teething?

My 8mo DS is teething.. already know that.. but lately he's been spitting up (spit up MAYBE 10 times from birth to 6 months) now it's a little bit almost every feeding. He did vomit today (after being done eating for 2 hours.. smelled like vomit.. not like spitup) Is this part of teething? Also, I know babies tend to bite nipples.. is it more-so during teething or is teething irrelevant?

alinker

Asked by alinker at 8:12 PM on Apr. 29, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my daughter spit up more when she was teething, they drool more so that is probably why. as for biting nipples, my daughter was bottle fed and when she teethed i did notice that the bottle nipples where chewed on more than when she wasn't.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 8:16 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• I think this could be an effect of teething. They do have a lot of saliva, and sometimes they choke a little bit on on it, then gag, then vomit. I would think its not normal for him to throw up after each meal, for a few days. His body is not going to get the nutrition he needs if he is throwing up, so i would definatly take him to the doctor, or at least call. Has he ever had any problems with acid reflux? IF not he may have a little reflux or Maybe it's possible he just has a little bug. I hope your son starts to feel better and keep the milk down. :)
    Borikaos

Answer by Borikaos at 5:52 AM on Apr. 30, 2009