Am I alone in this????

I love dandelions. I like having lots of them in my yard. My neighbors were pulling theirs out and complaining about it, but I think they are really pretty. I also don't mind the patches of clover in my yard either. Am I a total wierdo?

feministmama

Asked by feministmama at 8:14 PM on Apr. 29, 2009 in Home & Garden

• I hate them because they attract fuzzy bumblebees, lol. I like my flowers in specific areas away from doors, windows, and sitting areas =)
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 8:15 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• I love dandelions and clovers! I think nature's weeds are some of the prettiest things. They are untainted, and real, and pure, unlike the tulips we buy and plant in little gardens just to be pretty, dandelions and clovers are pretty without our designating little spots for them.

Oh, and they can both be tasty. Clovers, if you pull the flower petals out of the blossum, and suck on the end of them, they're sweet, and dandelions make a delicious tea or wine. Not to mention dandelion greens are edible.
    BisketLiss

Answer by BisketLiss at 8:20 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• I love them, too! But, I hate the bees! lol
    Krystal.Ingalls

Answer by Krystal.Ingalls at 8:20 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• I don't think you're a weirdo. I like the flowers, my sons like blowing the poofy balls, and you can't find a 4 leaf clover if you kill them all.
    Mangy_Momma

Answer by Mangy_Momma at 8:29 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• I think they're pretty as well but also hate the bees...and I hate just the ones that are stumps with no heads on them.
    aurorabunny

Answer by aurorabunny at 8:36 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• My son can't walk by one without grabbing them all and giving them to me as presents! Good thing you don't live beside us he'd wipe you out lol
    usbornebooksdh

Answer by usbornebooksdh at 9:26 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• One of the main reasons I like them is because my son has so much fun doing the same thing!
    feministmama

Answer by feministmama at 10:34 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• I also think they're beautiful! And they were so fun to make boquets and chains when I was a little girl. I look forewards to doing that with my daughter soon!
    CLRief

Answer by CLRief at 10:46 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• i love them too! my brother used to call them dancin lions! so cute!
    Rebekahs_Mommy

Answer by Rebekahs_Mommy at 11:15 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• You're hilarious Feminist!, I am so gonna use that one when I don't feel like pulling weeds. No realy when i was a kid, I thought the clover patches on the yard were like a gift from God, I would spend hours looking for a four leafed clover and the neighbor kids would want to come and search and I would say NO! Dandelions, sigh, if I had a nickle for every one the kids at school have given me, I'd be rich!!!!!
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 12:23 AM on Apr. 30, 2009