Did you or someone you know have an elective c-section? No bashing please.

I'm reposting this to see if anyone else out there has been through this - thanks so much to the moms who answered earlier!!
If you or someone you know decided to have an elective c-section please let me know how it went...this is an option I am considering and am looking for people's experience with it. Don't feel like you need to justify WHY you made the choice - I believe it's a personal decison...I'm just curious how it went - thank you!! :)

stepmom929

Asked by stepmom929 at 8:16 PM on Apr. 29, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i will be having one, and in part my first was elective and in part it wasn't. i labored for 3 days and they asked if i wanted to have a c-section then or wait another 24 hours at which point they said they would do one anyways. (i was induced and they wouldn't let me leave and i was done, so yes i had a c-sec) this time i was given the choice at my first apointment, i made the apointment for the c-sec yesterday. yes i feel the need to justify sometimes why i am doing it, but its my body, my baby so as long as i'm ok with it than everyone else can kiss my butt. as for how it went, my first was fine i have nothing to compare it to so it didn't bother me one bit, and i figure the same for this one, it may take a little longer to recover than a natural birth, but how can someone who hasn't had both compare?
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 8:20 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• I know of a lady having her fifth c-section. It is un reasonable to have a V-Bac at this stage in her life. I do know of other ppl who like knowing the day and not having the labor associated with childbirth. I hated my c-section. I had two natural births and was hoping for another. The drugs made me feel awful, I was bloated for three days, and I couldn't walk well/ right for the next week.
    vsrillo

Answer by vsrillo at 8:26 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• I know someone who had one because with her fisrt she had a fourth degree tear and needed surgery to repair it.
    mlregalado

Answer by mlregalado at 8:50 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• I guess my third was an elective C-section. My second was supposed to be a VBAC but my uterus ruptured during labor. It was so scary.... with #3 neither I or my Doctor wanted to chance another VBAC so I elected to have a scheduled C-Section.

Anonymous

• I forgot to add to my above post that after my first two emergency C-Sections, my elective One with my third was the worst to recover from!
    Anonymous

• I had 3 babies naturally and the last 2 by c-section and now this little baby will be c-section. I am not like other ladies that bash people for having c-sections, because honestly some don't have a choice but if you choose to have a c-section it's your choice. I mean at some point in your first pregnancy when you are laboring for hours and hours it runs through you mind.....My experience was the 1st c-section was an emergency and it went quickly and everything turned out fine.. My 2nd c-section was in April 17th of 2008, I wasn't suppose to have my c-section until april 23rd but I went in early on the 17th having contractions and my doctor went ahead, Everything turned out fine for the most part, but because the baby didn't get the natural squeeze through the vaginal canal to help expel the fluid, he swallowed fluid and couldn't breathe right, spent 6 days in nicu but he now is 1, weighs 29 pounds and is in the 90% in height!
    sadetom

Answer by sadetom at 11:01 AM on Apr. 30, 2009