• In the Spotlight:

How much money did you spend on your child's 1st birthday party??

My daughters 1st birthday party is coming up soon. I'm about to order stuff and its adding up quick. I was just wondering about how many people you guys had at party? How much did you spend on both the cakes..the regular cake and then the smash cake? Also...how much did you spend on the decorations..including the plates and stuff?

Thanks! Just wanna see if I'm goin overboard. LOL

Nicole:)

brookes_mom04

Asked by brookes_mom04 at 8:26 PM on Apr. 29, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• very little. I think Grandma bought a cake because she could not believe I wasn't having a party
    vsrillo

Answer by vsrillo at 8:28 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• My kids didn't have a "smash" cake...they smashed their piece of cake though. I bought regular paper plates, napkins, and plastic silverware...no reason to have anything fancy. We blew up our own balloons and decorated with that crepe paper stuff. We didn't spend much at all...had the party in the house.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 8:28 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• i bought cupcakes so everyone had one and my lil guy was able to make a big choc mess. and i bought balloons at the dollar store hes 1 and wont remember its when there older. i also just invited my parents my mil and bil. small family thing. so maybe 25.oo all together. cupcakes, balloons, party hats, and a gift, wrapping paper. he liked the boxes the most lol.
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 8:31 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• My main thing is my hubby is coming in for his r & r from being deployed overseas and its kinda like a get together for all his family to see him too. So, there is probably going to be quite a few people there and we're gunna grill and stuff. Sooo....idk. lol. crazzy
    brookes_mom04

Answer by brookes_mom04 at 9:18 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• I spent nothing - he was one. We had a picnic in the park with his godparents. I figured why spend money on something he won't remember? He's turning 4 this year and will have his first party.
    JPsMommy605

Answer by JPsMommy605 at 9:32 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• we did the "one" theme and had pizza and cake. I worried myself sick over it and ended up doing this. very simple in the end.
    Loa1002

Answer by Loa1002 at 10:21 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• Very little. We grilled gourmet sausages (that was our big expense -- and it was for the grown ups). We made a baby cake -- found a recipe for one on-line that was sweetened with fruit concentrates -- that cost practically nothing, we made a chocolate cake for the adults, we didn't have a theme... We reserved a place at a park for $30 and had a total blast!
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 10:27 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• Oh, I forgot... we did get balloons, but those were the only decorations... we had about 15 people (family and close friends)
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 10:28 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• We had grandparents, siblings and close friends. I paid $60.00 just for the cakes and probably another $150.00 for decor, finger foods, and plates etc. But i always go overboard for her parties. When she turned 3 I spent over $500.00.
    Anonymous

• we did catering and we order a cake we had about 30 people
    did not make the came for her to smash it.
    we spend about 200 on food and was about cake was about 60 and maybe about 20 dollars on forks and napkin and spoons and plates and balloon so maybe around 300 dollar and we plates for cake
    my parents had to buy extra balloon for the birthday party and we only got 4 balloon and the rest we blow some up

if you going to catering food go places you go all the time and ask to speak with manger to see if you can get few things..

we order chinese food for my daughter birthday it was about 7 dish 3 was appliz and 4 of them was main dish and i made some fruit and we order the cake
    mommytobe24

Answer by mommytobe24 at 10:52 PM on Apr. 29, 2009