My husband and I are trying to conceive but my husband is never in the mood. Is he depressed?

babydollroxy

Asked by babydollroxy at 8:33 PM on Apr. 29, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• Maybe he's just starting to feel like it's alot of work. When you start trying to have a baby you tend to forget to enjoy the intimacy between each other. i suppose he could be depressed, but i would like to think he would say something to you. Maybe give it a rest for awhile. Definitely talk to him and see what the issue really is. Good luck.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:40 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• Are you saying "do you want to go have sex?" or are you stripping, giving him a BJ, putting on some lingerie..? I know for my hubby and me, we've been for 10 months now, so I tend to "make sex a chore" and sometimes needed to be reminded that sex is about more than making a baby. If it's not that.. maybe he doesn't want a baby, maybe he's stressed out, maybe he's working too hard, and too tired.. You may need to sit down and talk to him.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 8:42 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• Or maybe it's just you. I mean with that pretzel looking figure... (jk lol)
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 8:43 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• We have talked about it. Today he heard on the radio that some guys that seem like there not in the mood alot could be depressed but not know it. About the stripping thing I'm kinda shy when it comes to that. We haven't even had sex in about 2 weeks.
    babydollroxy

Answer by babydollroxy at 9:18 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• he may be just scared to go thru another pregnancy, my hubby and I are trying too but 2 months ago he avoided sex too and he finally told me he was kinda afraid for another baby because of my health problems,I,m diabetic and have conjestive heart failure but my doc said it would be ok for us to try again,I,m sure your hubby wants to but he is probably worried about you,we dont know your health situation or anything but thats why my hubby was worried at first and I told him if the doc had said no then we would have avoided the fertil days.
    Anonymous

• This will be our first baby if we do get pregnant.
    babydollroxy

Answer by babydollroxy at 10:03 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• I understand how you feel because i feel that way too and a lot of people tell me to just relax and let it happen and it is hard cause you want it so much you know. Have you tried talking to him about how you feel to see if he is depressed or upset about something. just trying to talk to someone and get everything out and in the open might help the situation and you guys will relax and it will happen.. hope that answer helps a little.
    Traci1979

Answer by Traci1979 at 10:04 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• I don't know how long you've been trying, but when month after month nothing happens men's egos can take a huge blow. I think they feel inadequate or like failures. I think that could lead to depression. And like you said... most of the time when people have depression they DON'T know it. Have him talk to somebody, like a pastor or therapist or doctor. Good luck, I hope it gets better for you.
    almostcrazee

Answer by almostcrazee at 11:04 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• Having been through ten years of ttc before we gave up, I know that it's not very romantic to have to have sex on certain days. I remember having an argument, then feeling like I was having to ask for sex just b/c it was one of my more fertile days. He could be depressed, or it could be something else. People with ADD can have low interest in sex, for example. I hope you can find a way to help him get interested again.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:58 AM on Apr. 30, 2009