How long did you breastfeed your son and did you nurse him longer or shorter than your daughter?

or did it not make a difference? I want to nurse him as long as possible but don't know if it would be weird nursing a two year old boy or if it would be different if he was a girl.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:41 PM on Apr. 29, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I breastfed my daughter for 15 months and my son for only 3 weeks :( I quit for selfish reasons though. Im pregnant again and Im determined to make it to atleast a year. Ignore Anon above, it is recommended that you breastfeed for the first 2 years of life. I don't think the gender should be the deciding factor though. Each child is going to be different but I think girls are more apt to want that cuddle time and enjoy nursing where boys could care less.. they just wanna go explore!
    TilmannsGirl

Answer by TilmannsGirl at 8:11 AM on Apr. 30, 2009

• I breastfed my son for about 6 months, and my daughter for a year. I stopped with him because he kept biting me. If he didn't, I would have longer.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 8:43 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• What does the gender of the kid have to do with it. Besides a 2 year old is way too old to be breastfeed.
    Anonymous

• I had all boys and they were all breastfed for different lengths depending on how my supply was doing(cuz it sucked overall).
    #1~I couldnt get enough milk out without pumping so he did that for 2 1/2 mths before refusing breastmilk.
    #2~6 mths and we struggled and struggled.
    #3~2-3 wks cuz my supply sucked and I wasnt gonna go through what I did with #2.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 8:51 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• My son breastfed till 6 months. Heifer started biting. I wouldn't of gone too much longer though cause he was too active to sit still that long.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 9:19 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• I don't think the sex of the child makes a difference, and I think it is totally a womans individual choice to decide when a child is too old to nurse.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 9:45 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• I adopted, but I totally understand the above posters. Once they get teeth, here's a bottle. Ouch!
    tiggermom803

Answer by tiggermom803 at 12:40 AM on Apr. 30, 2009

• I agree it is not weather the kid is a boy or a girl it is about the inividual. Every kid is different. I wanted to breast feed both my dd and my ds for as long as I could but I only ended up doing it with both of them for about 4 months. I heard of one case that a mom was still breast feeding like a five year old kid. ewww!
    rachel0226

Answer by rachel0226 at 7:58 AM on Apr. 30, 2009

• All of my children were breastfed to about 2 years when they self weaned. I have 2 girls and 2 boys.
    I would have gone longer if they hadn't self weaned..
    Tea4Tas

Answer by Tea4Tas at 8:08 AM on Apr. 30, 2009