Can you tell em what your favorite story out of the OT is?

Mine is of course Job. I have learned several things from this one story alone.
1. The devil serves a purpose
2.What to do when tested by God
3.That we can turn to our father, and question him about things.(As long as we do not use blasphemy or use the Lord's name in vain.)
What did your favorite story teach you?

mo2a27

Asked by mo2a27 at 8:50 PM on Apr. 29, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

Level 1 (-6 Credits)
  • My son and I enjoy reading the bible. His favorite story is the cricifixtion story. I ask him why he likes it and he says (age 7) "It brings hope Momma." For a child to take the story of Christ and see beyond words he can't pronounce and know that it is a sign of hope is wonderful to me. Shortly after introducing him to that story I heard him telling his cousin (2 years old) all about Jesus. I have a great kid.
    lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 8:53 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• I always liked the story of Shadrach, Meschach and Abednigo(spelling might be off).
    Loved it when I was a child and growing up.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 8:55 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• Awwww! lilbit0022009- that was soo sweet!!
    mo2a27

Answer by mo2a27 at 9:00 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• the tower of Babel has been my favorite since i can remember. the idea of God getting so frustrated by greedy humans that he made them all talk different shows that its okay to get angry. i also love how it explains why the world is full of ppl who speak different languages & why we have different cultures, different views.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 9:02 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• Daniel in the lion's den,and the story of Shadrach,Meshach,and Abednigo. All showed what God will do to protect us if we give him our total faith and trust.
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 9:14 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• The Story of Ruth. In a ladies bible class shortly before getting married we studied it. It guides me daily in being the wife I should be in the eyes of God.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 9:14 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• The story of Hannah. Not only is it a meaningful story IMO but I was named specifically after her :).

hannahwill

Answer by hannahwill at 9:20 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• Job is one of my most favorite but I have to disagree with your interpretation of it :-) Job was extremely disrespectful to God and God finally told him off about it coming down in a storm. I'm not too sure God was OK with that or not. Job got off because he didn't actually curse God. Job is praised for not cursing God but he did every other thing inbetween short of cursing God, moaned and groaned and pittied himself. He whined the entire time that God was being mean to him for no reason and was a horrible witness of God before his friends and family (those that were left alive of course).

I love the story of Ruth and Boaz. I also love the story of Esther and also of Hannah and Samuel. Those stories teach me that women are important to God and the things that are important to women are important to God.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 10:14 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• Esther , Ruth and David and Jonathon

Job was not disrespectful... he was honest. big difference. His heart was righteous.. :-)
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 10:38 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• The story of the flood, because it shows that god is not the always patient, all-loving daddy figure that some people seem to think he is. Even he admitted he made a mistake in doing that, which is another thing people tend to forget.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:37 AM on Apr. 30, 2009