Spank or Timeout?? Or take away things?

What works for you?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:54 PM on Apr. 29, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Im all about hands OFF discipline. So time-out is what we use. Doesnt always work the first time though. Sometimes we have a repeat offender lol. But our son usually gets the point after his second timeout
    beingamomrocks1

Answer by beingamomrocks1 at 8:55 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• I use time out first, then if that doesnt get his attention then he gets a spanking!
    Anonymous

• Girl, I have done all! You have to do what works on the child. If you swat their butts and they don't respond, time to figure something else out. I never liked time outs, though, they made more of a mess in their rooms than a good old swat on the butt!
    Anonymous

• i try time out, taking a toy away, putting her in her room (which is a last resort b/c its got toys and well that kinda defeats the purpose if she sits and plays but she doesn't like to be alone so it kinda works for about 5 secs), no tv, and if all these don't work i will spank her butt.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 8:57 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• Timeouts....
    Anonymous

• Time outs work great. My son gets put in time out, and he HATES it, so he is very well behaved.
    Anonymous

• Different ages, different method. With my oldest, a quick spank to the bottom did it until he was 2-3. Than that didnt work any more so it was time out for the next 2 years. Than and still is taking things away. But he's 9 now, so way too old for spanking,a nd time out ithink
    Anonymous

• All three, though threatening to unplug his battery on his powerwheels has been working lately.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 9:14 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• Good old fashion spanking their asses......woohoo!!!

The good thing about it is I only talk once and they are very well behaived in public atleast I get compliments on them on how they are well behaive so I guess I am doing something good.

I don't beat my kids but I do give them one good spank on the tush and that is that. It worked for me when I was growing up.
    Anonymous

• all three if need be, have even done all at same time LOL
    luvschocolate

Answer by luvschocolate at 10:20 PM on Apr. 29, 2009