For co-sleepers: When did your baby start sleeping in a crib/bassinet?

I'm going back to work in 2 wks. and I'd like to get my daughter into her crib by then. We've been co-sleeping since she's still only 8 weeks and breastfeeds every two or three hours a night. How can I transition her into the crib? I try to get her to nap in it and some days we are successful, other days she screams her head off. How do I do it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:55 PM on Apr. 29, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Just keep trying if you really want to...I work once in a while and my DH works ALOT and we still co-sleep at 8 months and honestly, I get MORE sleep that way...I had her in her crib for 2 nites when she was sick so she could have humidifier and she actually did good but I missed her=) so she's back with us.....good luck. I guess I don't have an answer huh, since we still co-sleep. =)
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 8:58 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• We co-slept until about a month ago. She is 11 months old. I had originally put the crib next to my bed so that she was close and I wasn't putting her into a totally different room. She would cry and cry. I had to keep picking her up and cuddling her, and putting her back down. It was awful. I moved her into her own room, and the first time I laid her down she went right to sleep with no fussing. She has been sleeping in her crib in her room for 2 weeks now and she loves it. I guess my advice is just to go with your baby. They will let you know what they need. I thought she needed me close, she needed me away though if she wasn't in bed with me.
    Anonymous

• my son is 10.5 months and still in bed with me. my fiance works night and i LOVE sleeping with my LO! sorry i cant be any help
    softbalchic2004

Answer by softbalchic2004 at 11:40 PM on Apr. 29, 2009