Help for low-income family

I'm looking for any help in buying a home the county hud has a 7 year wait list and I'm sick of renting my landlord has become worthless. I'm trying to get a job but having no luck can someone tell me something besides hud that helps low-income families buy homes?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:57 PM on Apr. 29, 2009 in Home & Garden

• sorry i really can't be any help but i am also looking for a new place to live so if u get any suggestions will u please let me knw? thank u for your time
    hotmamma09

Answer by hotmamma09 at 9:00 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• Try looking at Foreclosures and get a GOOD realator
    MELRN

Answer by MELRN at 9:01 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• Perhaps you can find another family to buy with you.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:04 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• well another family thats a strange idea. i have trouble living with the family i have let alone someone elses. and yes OP if you come up with anything let me know too we are also looking.
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 9:07 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• I did a yahoo search try fanniemae.com
    aubrees_mommie

Answer by aubrees_mommie at 9:15 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• Fannie and Freddie are in big trouble right now.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:20 AM on Apr. 30, 2009

• The way things are going now, it may be better to wait out the 7 years to buy thru HUD. (hopefully before than you will have a decent paying job and the economy will be booming again)

virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 2:57 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• Maybe you could try Habitat For Humanity?

Honestly, why would you be looking to buy a home when you don't even have a job? Owning a home is expensive - there's the mortgage, mortgage insurance, regular home insurance, taxes, upkeep & repairs, etc. Do you really think you can afford a home now? Maybe it would be better to wait until you are in a more stable financial situation?
    Anonymous

• Honestly, I don't think you're going to find anything. We had a hard time getting a mortgage loan and my husband makes 6 figures a year.. and he's a veteran (so he SHOULD get a VA loan). Mortgage companies are becoming much stricter after the housing crisis. Buying a house is very expensive. We had to pay for the whole house inspection, had to pay for the safety inspection, had to pay for the seperate plumbing and HVAC inspections, had to pay the "earnest fee" to our realtor, closing costs, down payment. All in all, it'll be about $10,000 out of pocket for us. I'm not sure I would want to try if I was a low income family. It's just very expensive. I would wait if I were you. Good luck though!
    Anonymous