How to stop my baby from crying and go to sleep?

My daughter is almost 3 months old. Between 4pm and 11pm she likes to cry non stop because she gets so tired but doesn't want to fall asleep.

MirandaCakes

Asked by MirandaCakes at 8:58 PM on Apr. 29, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Do you rock her?? My DD is 8 months and has recently started fighting her sleep....Im not sure what to tell you, I just sing to her and calm her down and she eventually falls asleep...I don't know if you just put her in her crib and let her fall asleep on her own, but I would try walking her (while holding her) or rocking her.....Is she getting enough naps during the day?? If she's overtired that can be why.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 9:00 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• my daughter loved the eye brow rub just back and forth gently on her brows she would fight to stay awake but would lose everytime lol.
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 9:04 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• Has she been doing this for several weeks? It's probably colic. All I can really tell you is to keep trying - colic will be gone by 16 weeks. It's horrible to live through though.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 9:18 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• sounds like colic.....about that time we srated a routine....bath, get dressed, book, nurse and rocked if needed then bed. I would do that and also have you tried Mylecon? works wonders on gassy babies. Directly into the babies mouth.

Also what about an organic formula?
    Loa1002

Answer by Loa1002 at 10:04 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• At 3 months I still had to work very hard to coax my colicky baby girl to sleep (swaddle her tightly, hold her legs down, stroke her forehead between her eyes, sometimes even literally shut her eyelids for her -- rocking didn't work!), but with enough effort she did sleep some, and that did make her a happier baby for the next stretch. 4-11 is definitely too long a stretch for her to be awake. Try soothing her to sleep after just 1.5-2 hours of awake time, she may be getting over-tired.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 10:24 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• Sounds like colic.
    mamajody0507

Answer by mamajody0507 at 12:40 AM on Apr. 30, 2009