hip and pelvic pains

I am almost 20 weeks preggo and my hip and pelvic bones are hurting so bad it’s hard for me to get around. I always thought I had wide, childbearing hips and I have the ligament pains but those don’t bother me that much, just my bones, they crack and pop and always make me feel like they are going to break. Is it normal to feel like this? What can I do to help? I am on my feet all day at work most of the time but even when I sit all day my bones still get like this.

kveltri

Asked by kveltri at 9:31 PM on Apr. 29, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i am 28 weeks now and have felt like that from about 17 weeks.... its normal to feel that way.The baby could be sitting low.Thats what my doc told me.cause this is my 2nd pregnancy & I didnt have this pain with my first til the very end.matter of fact..i was up all night last night feeling like my pelvic bone and the bones in my lower back were busting open.Try resting with your legs propped up at work when you can(if at all possible).get you a heating pad.it helps to ease the pain some.nothing i have tried helps take the pain completly away.but helps alot.you can also try relaxing in some hot water.(not too hot though).it helps me a good bit.something about it makes the baby raise up some to ease some of the pressure.Just hang in there though.20 more weeks you wont have that pain anymore.you just have to kinda deal with it til then
    brittoh

Answer by brittoh at 10:07 PM on Apr. 29, 2009

• Pregnancy chemistry loosens your joints in preparation for childbirth. Good advice from brittoh. My last month, my feet just ached. Have you tried visiting a chiropractor to keep things aligned?
    PurpleAndTeal

Answer by PurpleAndTeal at 2:24 AM on Apr. 30, 2009

• yes, this is normal. You can try chiropractic care if they are experienced with pregnant women.
    jen1350

Answer by jen1350 at 5:53 AM on Apr. 30, 2009